call me on my new cel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

todays magic number is 24. thats the new code of the day. any one know what it is? it used to be a 23 the knock sensor but today it blinked a 4th time(along with the 43 i still cant fix)
setup is 93 dx with obd 2 gsr :wtf2:

what ecu are you using? if i was you i would be using a chipped p28 we hooked mine up to my boys obd1 gsr and wow what a difference throttle response and everything and he cel went away too ;)

Ok obd2 /= obd1. You might want to give us somemore details, cuz I can tell you right now that if you plug an obd1 ecu straight into an obd2 you are going to have issues

issues how? when i first started the swap back in sept everyone said use an obd1 ecu? why would every one not know about the issues with it? what details do u need? everything is stock exept the ecu and an iceman short ram. preformance wise thats it. i should prob check it with stock ecu. anyone wanna sell and obd1 p72 CHEAP?

his car is obd1, he would not need a conversion harness to run an obd1 ecu it will plug right in

I agree, but the obd 2 motor has sensors like the crank angle sensor that od1 motor does not. I know the ECU shouldn't read it, but it make sno sense why his errors and changing, unless it is a bad ECU

Originally posted by hybrid89@Feb 21 2005, 03:44 PM
I agree, but the obd 2 motor has sensors like the crank angle sensor that od1 motor does not. I know the ECU shouldn't read it, but it make sno sense why his errors and changing, unless it is a bad ECU
[post=464035]Quoted post[/post]​

see thats what im starting to think now. because since the swap i had a 23 ks all day but it started coming on sooner and then i checked it and its a 24 and one prob can fix its self so its gotta b the ecu. anyone in the ct area with one i can borrow? all my boys around here have obd2 p72 it sucks.

Back