cams cams cams

which cams would be the best for the buck out of the two

• Skunk 2 Stag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The PRICE I gave was for a brand new set of skunk2 Stage 1 cams, brand new off of Skunk2's site they are 850 dollars just for the cams. How was that wrong? <_<

because every retailer that ACTUALLY sells them, it is much cheaper than that.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 12 2004, 08:55 PM
That depends on how much you can get the ITR cams for really... if you can find them for a cheaper price than 850, go with them.
[post=389452]Quoted post[/post]​

You gotta be kiddin me. => Redikulous

Just get a CTR Intake cam for around 200$ .. . . . . . .

well i can not say much but i have a set of comp cams state 2 cams going in my car.... but ill send a post on how they are :ph34r:

Skunk2 Stage 1 is NOT comparable to ITR or CTR cams. In fact, CTR cams are not comparable to ITR cams. From most aggressive to least is - skunk2 stage 2, CTR, ITR, skunk stage 1, stock. Hope that helps.

P.S. - if you are running stock compresion I would go with the ITRs. High comp = Skunk stage 2s or CTRs.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 15 2004, 08:35 PM
Skunk2 Stage 1 is NOT comparable to ITR or CTR cams. In fact, CTR cams are not comparable to ITR cams. From most aggressive to least is - skunk2 stage 2, CTR, ITR, skunk stage 1, stock. Hope that helps.

P.S. - if you are running stock compresion I would go with the ITRs. High comp = Skunk stage 2s or CTRs.
[post=390795]Quoted post[/post]​

2001 ITR's are the exact same as the CTR's, and only the intakes are diffrent on earlier years.

As far as the skunk2 stage 1's being less agressive, there not.

S2S1 Cams:
lift/duration
I: 11.58 mm 252 @ 1mm
E: 10.9 mm 249 @ 1mm

ITR Cams:
lift/duration
I: 11.5 mm 240 @ 1mm
E: 10.5 mm 235 @ 1mm

The skunk2's stage 2's are not really an option for him unless he wants to upgrade the rest of his valve train.

:werd:

with the longer duration, the skunk2 stage 1 is going to give the engine a bit more breathing than the itr, which, with a bit of tunig, will yield more power than itr cams. C'mon we're talking about skunk2 and oem, not really pricey by even my scale, and I'm a cheap ass. I bought a complete set of skunk2 stage 2 cams, ti retainers, and skunk2 valve springs for 700. They weren't new, but they had less than 10 runs on them, and I got the b16 head that they were in for the cost of shipping. the parts were mint, and I got a free set of lma's and a good vtec solenoid out of the deal. Deals are not hard to find, just look, and there is stuff to be had for cheap.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 15 2004, 04:35 PM

that would have helped if you were correct, but you're not
skunk2 stg2 > skunk2 stg1 > ctr/01itr > -00itr

and for the record, i'm running 12.3:1 compression with ctr cams and the motor is completely undercammed. in this case, even stage1's would undercam the motor. i will be going with something similar to stage2's eventually

Originally posted by B16+Sep 16 2004, 10:03 AM-->
sohcslammer
@Sep 15 2004, 04:35 PM

that would have helped if you were correct, but you're not
skunk2 stg2 > skunk2 stg1 > ctr/01itr > -00itr

and for the record, i'm running 12.3:1 compression with ctr cams and the motor is completely undercammed. in this case, even stage1's would undercam the motor. i will be going with something similar to stage2's eventually
[post=391044]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanx Mike. :fuckyou:
Sorry I didn't look up the specs. From my real world experience I have seen better results with the CTRs than the ITRs. And in my opinion any stage 1 cam is not worth the money. Integraslut78 got his crower 403s brand new for $325. I would recomend those over any cams you named anyway. What the fuck do I know? I've only owned 3 EGs and one DA. :p

haha, your welcome bro :)

generally, yes, you will see better power from CTR's over ITR's because most of the ITR cams out there are the older ones, which have 3 less degrees of duration from the CTR's. on my b16a2, i ran both CTR's and skunk2 stage1's. the stage1's gave me a little bit better powerband, i think they work great on stock bottom end motors.

here are my graphs. same motor, different cams.
CTR's
s3dbb16e477d74.jpg

skunk2 stage1's
s3e88f152bb72d.jpg

but, for the price, i would have to agree the CTR's are a better "bang for buck"

its believable, the stg1's have more lift and more duartion. on both intake and exhaust cams.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 16 2004, 12:45 PM
its believable, the stg1's have more lift and more duartion. on both intake and exhaust cams.
[post=391127]Quoted post[/post]​

Glad to see some of the old schoolers are still around. I can't believe you are STILL at 15.0. Wasn't that like a year ago that you decided you just couldn't hook up at the track and we all thought you'd hit a 13 in a couple of months????? GSR motor in crx = faster than a 15.0 :( I guess you haven't hit the track much???

yea that was the one and only time i was at the track. with getting the car stolen and spending the last year building it from the ground up i havent had much time to get back to the track :) ive now got a better suspension, better tires and the motor in better condition with some upgrades. i think i can pull a 14.0. i wanted to go this weekend after i fixed some bugs on the cars ignition but i gotta work saturday :( lol, this is getting off topic, i dont wanna thread jack, IM me or PM me anytime y0.

Word, back on topic. :thumbsup:

Check out crowers cam lineup. Cheap and great in my opinion. Fuck paying for skunk2. :shades:

I can not believe Skunk2 stage1 cams on the skunk2 website go for $800 or $850 something like that FUCK THAT I got my Crower 403 stage2 for $325 brand new if I even paid $500 for a stage1 cam I would not be a happy camper.

Me&my 403's = :thumbsup:
Skunk2 stage1 for $800 = :thumbsdown:

wMTUzMDE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

FYI, this is a GSR with a milled .020 head, Mugen headgasket, JDM 4-1, 2.5" exhaust, ported head and ported IM, Portflow inner/ITR outer springs on S2S1s. This is on a 150k mile old 95 GSR block, 100% stock below the head. I picked them up used for $450 and dumped my ITR cams for $300 or so. It was a worthy upgrade IMO.

EDIT: my host won't let me link to here, im trying to find a spot to host the dyno but its 190/133

Hey B16, those are som pretty decent numbers. . . . are they from a B16 or from the B18C5 you have now?

Back