Car Wont Rev Up After Port And Polish

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i swapped a 92 b18 in my 90 si hatch, and my car reved great. then i had my intake manifold port and polished and put it back on. i know everything is where its suppost to be. my car only revs up to like 2 grand and sounds like it redlines. just wont rev up, im running my 90 si map sensor still you think i should install my 92 map or what should i do? on top of this i lost my rpms at the same time. no rpms at all on dash. checked all fuses and changed my 90 distributor and still does it.

how would i do so, i used a non obd wiring harness out of my si, i used a 90 distributor so my plugs would match up. what am i forget ing . i also used a 90 pr4 ecu

you might have a cracked vaccum line somewhere or you might not have one on when you think you did...a vaccum leak will cause big problems...I know it sounds bad but try taking some starting fluid and doing some quick squirts around the engine as it's idling...if it idles up any point when you're doing your quick squirts then you know you've got a vaccum leak...it's sucking the fluid mist into the engine of course helping combustion and causing the quick rev up...this is done on muscle cars all the time...

however, make sure you don't do this on a HOT engine or on the exhaust for obvious reasons...or the ignition...

make sure your pcv valve is attached right (I think honda's still have them, heh)....

-stackz

when i put my manifold back on i didnt crank on my fuel rail evenly and my injectors where sprayin all over the place when i went to go start my car. i switched some orings around and injectors retightend and it wrked fine for a min intill all of a sudden i lost the rpm and idle went funky. i also lost one of my pins that clip around the injector plug.. could this have anything to do w/ it

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Jan 19 2003, 09:53 PM
when i put my manifold back on i didnt crank on my fuel rail evenly and my injectors where sprayin all over the place when i went to go start my car. i switched some orings around and injectors retightend and it wrked fine for a min intill all of a sudden i lost the rpm and idle went funky. i also lost one of my pins that clip around the injector plug.. could this have anything to do w/ it

yes

take your time and reinstall your stuff properly, with everything thats supposed to be there in place

whats up , a buddy of mine leaned me in the direction of the injectors. it ended up being two of my injector plugs where not plugged in all the way.. haha
because w/ the 93 in this style hatch everything is so tight and has to be made look good. and things dont fit right. The only thing is my tac doesnt wrk and ive put two non obd disributors on to see if its the tac signle on the dis. (blue wire) didnt change anything

Back