carbon fiber hood do i need hood pins?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok i was told by two different people today that i should put hood pins on my hood is this true? am i going to lose my hood one day because i don't have them? let me know

the ones that have the full underframing really dont NEED them
its always a good idea to use them though
especially if you plan on actually driving the car at speed

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 26 2005, 07:20 PM
the ones that have the full underframing really dont NEED them
its always a good idea to use them though
especially if you plan on actually driving the car at speed
[post=531587]Quoted post[/post]​

i don't know if this matters but i have a VIS hood so am i good not getting a set only because i don't want to damage it i hear they crack easy after putting holes in them

vis= no pins

i live in wyoming where there is wind and lots of it and i drive 80+ mph and never had a problem.

you can get most manufacturers to drill pin holes for you.

when i get my c/f sedan hood, ill be doing pins.

pins look so ugly tho.. like ur car has body piercings ^^ or like nose rings haha

My CF hood, when i eventually get one, will have pins. Stupid shit like that always happens to me.

Safer > Sorry

My fiberglass hood has pins....already had one hood fly up....Now I use hood pins....pins are much cheaper than a new hood!

I had a friend put his hood pins in wrong and his hood flew up and busted his windshield. So it can go either way, good or bad.

I have a hood that came off a car that had been wrecked, the hood latch got ripped out. So I had no option but to install hood pins. I really didn't mind ( the hood only cost $150).

One of my friends got a new vader style hood on his mirage, we all suggested hood pins and he said he didn't want them because the way they looked. When he left my buddy's house from having the hood installed the thing ripped off before he even go onto the freeway ( about 1/2 miles away). The hood flipped up and not only trashed the $400.00 hood but broke his windshield. This and other similar situations have made me a fan of hood pins. Besides if you take your time with the install and in chosing a set of hood pins they really don't take that much away from the car.

I know the choice is yours but I would definitely opt for the hood pins. :D

Back