Castrol GTX Startup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

CASTROL LAUNCHES NEW CASTROL® GTX® START UP™ –
THE MOTOR OIL FORMULATED TO PROTECT THE ENGINE
FROM THE MOMENT YOUR CUSTOMERS TURN THE KEY

WAYNE, NJ – September 29, 2004 – Castrol® GTX® Start Up™ is a new brand of motor oil that is specially formulated to provide superior start up protection and reduce engine wear.

Because the rate of engine wear is higher during the critical start up period, Castrol GTX Start Upâ„¢ is formulated to provide start up protection. The polarized ester molecules in Castrol GTX Start Upâ„¢ cling to an engine's metal surfaces to provide advanced anti-wear protection. This oil is not designed just for winter or cold weather starts, but for every single time a car is started.

Nearly every time an engine is started, it is placed under a higher level of stress for up to ten minutes. After the start up period has concluded, Castrol GTX Start Up’s™ synthetic boosters provide continued protection for your car. Castrol GTX Start Up™ is formulated with higher-quality, less volatile base stocks for less oil burn off, and with a superior level of thermal breakdown protection for fewer deposits.

The Castrol brand has extended its product line in the past two years to meet the needs of consumers. It continues to set the standard for high-performance lubricants with the addition of premium products and grades. Tagged “Protection From the Moment You Turn the KeyTMâ€, Castrol GTX Start Upâ„¢ will have a national rollout and be supported with a strong marketing campaign, including effective consumer advertising, consumer promotions and key sponsorships to drive awareness and trial.

Castrol GTX Start Up™ provides advanced engine protection for today’s higher performance engines. It is available in SAE 5W-30, 10W-30 (both meet the requirements for API energy-conserving oils) and 10W-40 grades. These grades exceed all passenger car and light truck manufacturers’ warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline and turbo-charged engines where API SL, SJ or SH is recommended. They also exceed the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils in every grade, as well as the U.S. shear stability and stay-in-grade requirements.

Supposedly the oil molecules are polarized to help them bond to the metal components of the car- The chemistry behind it seems sound, i was wondering if anyone has seen any concrete independent studies of this oil vs regular oil or if anyone has an opinon

that's what i was personally thinking too- I mean the idea is sound, but i dunno if it is really worth it-

plus i'm wondering how the fuck you can possibly make an oil ion hold a charge with it being thrown around all over the place against charged pieces of metal

i dunno

agreed

wasn't really interested in purchasing it, i'm more of a mobil oil guy myself

i was more interested in whether it has any merit

It tastes pretty good but other than that, i dunno ^__^

I was reading the car czar and the same questioned was asked. Basically, his answer was that this product may help with engine startup wear, but that he had also never seen a motor go bad as a result of startup wear.

Personally i wouldnt waste my money on it.

Back