cell phone telemarketing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
I got an email at work today saying that cell phopne numbers will be released to telemarketing companies.
I was wonder if any of you heard this? and if this ture?

also here is the website to block your number
www.donotcall.gov

ive been hearing about this for prolly over a year now.

every few months it comes up, afaik it hasnt gone into effect yet.

yeah, i think i signed up for this like 2 years ago....

either way, i don't care.

i have free incoming calls...
and if i don't recognize the number, i rarely answer my phone anyway. leave a message if its important and i'll call you back.

i don't mean to threadjack, but I just need to tell my little telemarketer story...

I get phone calls every now and then from the local newspapers... They say "well we have a great deal to get the paper everyday for only $0.80 a week"... I reply "sure... But i ONLY want saturday and sunday.. I don't have time during the week to read the paper, and it will only clutter up my trash bins"...

This throws them into mass confusion, because they want the sale, but don't know what to do... So they try to trick me... And offer me a similar plan that is $0.20 MORE EXPENSIVE, and is friday to monday... then I explain "YOUR NOT LISTENING>.. Saturday and sunday or nothing"...

Then they get more confused, i eventually call them dumbasses and hang up... But usually i end up on the phone with a supervisor before this happens...

been calling my cell for a few month now. i ussually just fuck with them til they hang up. on occassion i get text messages too, to which i reply with something like, "so then i put her leg on my shoulder and told her to brace herself". or something gay.

i get those jackasses calling my cell phone all the damn time although they dont ask for me but ask for the guy who apparently had my number before. ive told one place 3 times to stop calling and that the guy doesnt own the phone number anymore. well needless to say, they kept calling but everytime i ask for their supervisor, they hang up. oh and when they call, it shows up as UNKNOWN or some extension number and not the phone number.

oh and a cell phone isnt a phone, its technically a radio.

i haven't had a telemarketer call in a year now. I guess that do not call list actually works.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jun 2 2005, 06:56 PM
i get those jackasses calling my cell phone all the damn time although they dont ask for me but ask for the guy who apparently had my number before. ive told one place 3 times to stop calling and that the guy doesnt own the phone number anymore. well needless to say, they kept calling but everytime i ask for their supervisor, they hang up. oh and when they call, it shows up as UNKNOWN or some extension number and not the phone number.

[post=507055]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah same shit here. One time I got preety pissed off at one and then they stopped :shrug2:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 2 2005, 09:07 PM
i don't mean to threadjack, but I just need to tell my little telemarketer story...

I get phone calls every now and then from the local newspapers... They say "well we have a great deal to get the paper everyday for only $0.80 a week"... I reply "sure... But i ONLY want saturday and sunday.. I don't have time during the week to read the paper, and it will only clutter up my trash bins"...

This throws them into mass confusion, because they want the sale, but don't know what to do... So they try to trick me... And offer me a similar plan that is $0.20 MORE EXPENSIVE, and is friday to monday... then I explain "YOUR NOT LISTENING>.. Saturday and sunday or nothing"...

Then they get more confused, i eventually call them dumbasses and hang up... But usually i end up on the phone with a supervisor before this happens...
[post=507029]Quoted post[/post]​

you've seen boiler room one too many times :p

I doubt cell phones will anytime soon see a lot of telemarketing. Problem with it is it cost the cellphone user money to get txt/incoming calls. some people have free incoming but not everyone.

So in other words if they call you and cost you money to try to telemarket something then you would have reason to go after them for the cost of the phone call + time spent on the case.

Only way I can see telemarketing on cell phones work is if you buy something or get something on the internet that ask for a phone # and in order to get the full ver of the program you agree to the 500 word agrement that you will let "insert company name here" to call you on your home, work, or cell phone. Then they could pull it off.

But getting random #s and calling for the person in charge of the phone wont happen with out a lot of shit hitting the fan.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jun 2 2005, 07:56 PM

[post=507055]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: I do too. I even had some alarm company argue with me and told me that my house was being broken in to and I told her that 1. we dont have an alarm and 2. I am at home and 3. my name is not sergio.
I get calls for sergio at least 5 times a day

For those who have Nextel, they have said several times, you will need to give explicit consent (whether written or a recorded convo over the phone) to release your number to 3rd party vendors and telemarketers.

Back