Check engine light...HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ANP320

Hey, i have a 1997 honda civic EX and my check engine light came on. I had it scanned and the code P0700 (Transmission Control System Malfunction) and the code P0715 (Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction) came up. I bought a new VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) for it and i put it in and the engine light came on again. I had it scanned, and the same codes came up. i had them clear the codes...and i was on my way back home and the engine light came back on. Can anyone help me? What else would it be that is making my transmission act retarted? HELP PLEASE!

Originally posted by ANP320@Aug 21 2005, 02:21 PM
Hey, i have a 1997 honda civic EX and my check engine light came on. I had it scanned and the code P0700 (Transmission Control System Malfunction) and the code P0715 (Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction) came up. I bought a new VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) for it and i put it in and the engine light came on again. I had it scanned, and the same codes came up. i had them clear the codes...and i was on my way back home and the engine light came back on. Can anyone help me? What else would it be that is making my transmission act retarted? HELP PLEASE!
[post=543140]Quoted post[/post]​

THE HONDA ECU IS SENSETIVE TO CHANGES IN THE RESISITANCE OF THE HT LEADS TRY SWAPPING THOSE

can i ask why you bought a VSS when it wasn't giving the code for a VSS??????

you have an auto tranny right?

to be honest with you start looking for a new trans, unless you know how and feel like rebuilding an automatic trans. i work for honda and do at least 3-4 auto trans a week. unless u have extended factory warranty it will be much cheaper to grab a junkyard trans. being automatic probably very easy to find. if u do have extended warranty go the dealer and get ur new trans.

Originally posted by spoonfedcrx@Sep 22 2005, 10:02 PM
to be honest with you start looking for a new trans, unless you know how and feel like rebuilding an automatic trans. i work for honda and do at least 3-4 auto trans a week. unless u have extended factory warranty it will be much cheaper to grab a junkyard trans. being automatic probably very easy to find. if u do have extended warranty go the dealer and get ur new trans.
[post=558927]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeh, thanks for the input. I did end up getting a new tranny....$1000 later...it sucked. Thanks for everything though guys.

Back