Chester Bennington Dead by Suicide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Doubt it. People have bitched about LP selling out for years.

Apparently he was a godfather to one of Chris Cornells' kids. His (selfish) suicide hit Bennington hard, today he became selfish too... on what would have been Cornells 53rd birthday.

Mental illness is rampant in the artistic community unfortunately. Usually the greatest minds are the most tortured.

On the subject of their music I think it's admirable they've had success with so many different sounds. I saw then at George Steinbrenner Field in Tampa in 2015 and just listening to them play so many different styles and sounds was incredible. The show at its core was still a mainstream metal show. It was like they knew what their real fans wanted and still gave them the live performance they knew and expected.

This really sucks. I really hope our society someday starts discussing depression and treating mental health in a different manner.

I lost one of my childhood best friend's to suicide last year and its been hard. I cannot fathom what his family is going through.

I really hope our society someday starts discussing depression and treating mental health in a different manner.
:concur:

sorry you lost a friend, that sucks

there definitely needs to be a new (or likely renewed old) method for treating and managing depression and mental health issues. there is clearly not a medication shortage in this country, we throw labels and pills at everything. something needs to change. but unfortunately when there are BILLIONS to be made in treatment, not many are really interested in finding cures. :disgust:

This really sucks. I really hope our society someday starts discussing depression and treating mental health in a different manner.

I lost one of my childhood best friend's to suicide last year and its been hard. I cannot fathom what his family is going through.

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear about that.

And yes, I agree with you and E. Something needs to change. Also, I was reading more about this whole thing with Chester Bennington. It's really messed up. Guy had six kids, so I'm sure his family is devastated. Also, some troll hacked his wife's Twitter yesterday and started posting things, like saying she didn't care and that she was fucking Mike Shinoda anyway. I mean, I'm down for some entertaining trolling, but holy shit, that's just completely disgusting and totally undeserved.

Also, apparently Chester was a big fan of and friends with Chris Cornell, and yesterday would have been Chris's birthday. Wonder if that played a factor?

Back