Choice of cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

makemagick

Sooo at the end of spring i want to do my head.

I've decided to go with super-tech internals (maybe stock retainers)
(However if you have a better suggestion go ahead suggest)

AEM or Golden Eagle cam gears

3 angle valve-job

and im stuck choosing cams...

Originally I wanted skunk2 stage 1 or 2, but from quite a bit of people heard they are not good, however i also heard alot of good stuff about them

another choice is BC but seen quite a few broken pictures of Brian Crower cams

Web - never heard of them that much, but a few people suggested that

Comp cams - i know 1 person who runs it, internet community tends to "stay away" from ebay cams.

What im lookin for is 200 h/p +- 5 hp with a built head with a later possibily of turboing.

what engine?
any bottom end work?
how will you be tuning it?
what other parts (i/h/e/etc)?

jdm b18c

10.6 compression stock bottom end

you mean with what program or what chip?

crome i suppose, chip? im pretty sure p28

for now im just thinking bout the head n how much i can get with it alone (after the tune obviously)

Right now i have skunk2 im with b16 throttle which im gonna replace with a bigger throttle like 68 inches

I do have headers im not sure which ones though they are not stock but i have not found any visible indicators

And im getting my exhaust done soon, i'm thinkin 2'5 2'75 (i do not want 3" as in im not gonna have that much power eveeen if i get a turbo later)

2 layer head gasket and flat faced valves to bump compression up will help. u could also take a crack at gasket matching the head, header, and IM.

Wonder why people say stay away from comp cams. They're not an ebay company, but they're definitely not known for their import performance work. Doesn't mean they're bad, they're a go to vendor for domestic v8s.

Back