Chrystler, trademark of GM?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eh its all in the mind of the beholder about whoes best. I have always argued with the quality comparisons of vehicles. Especially when it comes to consumer reports. Really consumer reports is worthless, they tell you absolutely nothing. You get a comparison chart of whoes best....thats it.

Lets compare just Honda and Toyota, since most of you like these two brands. Now if Honda puts a bad alternator in a car, that dies at 100k, its what $50 diy, $200 dealer (guessing), Honda falls to the #2 spot. Toyota charges $1500 for more on average for their vehicles (just a scenario), rakes in the cash. Honda looses millions because of an alternator that really has no significant impact on the life of the vehicle. Is it fair everyone flocks to Toyota because consumer reports doesnt give you real life estimates on how long the car/car parts will last on average (in miles). Thats what I want to know.

I bet if they did it would be a really close race, most manufactures would be within 10k miles of each other.

Werd. You forgot to mention that Ford is still plunking along using the same platforms that were designed 30 years ago. Hell, the Crown Vic isn't getting a new chassis til like 2012 or something. The Ranger and F series are still solid axle bricks. They are still slipping slowly into the mire of an aging lineup, fleet sales and a low low share price...

Good point with Ford, although I'd rather see a better chassis on a Mustang. Do with the Crown Vic with what GM did with the Caddys in the past ten years. My father in law traded in a Ranger a month ago for a Silverado. Even with the V8, the Silverado gets better mileage than the Ranger with a V6. Thats just not right.

Ford/Gm are getting better, they just need to get rid of the union so they can really reinvest themselves and open more factories for us again. Buying out Chrysler could be a good thing for them. Really the only points I was trying to make.

Last edited:
i think if chrysler wanted to get out the gutter, they should go with mitsubishi again, but thats just me...

i mean they could have based the srt-4 neon on the evo, and that there would have brought them back, that is if they would have done it like 6 or 8 years ago...

but now theyre pretty much fucked

too late for them..

i think if chrysler wanted to get out the gutter, they should go with mitsubishi again, but thats just me...

i mean they could have based the srt-4 neon on the evo, and that there would have brought them back, that is if they would have done it like 6 or 8 years ago...

oh no please. both chrysler and mitsubishi have to die :)

If Chrysler joined up with Mitsu the government wouldn't feel right about bailing them out. Can't send money to Japan, but lets print more and keep it here.

Which is retarded because U.S. automakers are outsourcing so much of their light assembly. Money is flying all over the world. There are no borders anymore.

Which is retarded because U.S. automakers are outsourcing so much of their light assembly. Money is flying all over the world. There are no borders anymore.

Precisely. It drives me up the wall when somebody gives me shit for driving "jap crap" (it happens a lot in Metro Detroit unfortunately). Yeah, well, my "jap crap" was built in Ohio. Where was your Avalanche built? Mexico? With foreign parts?

That's like the people that open their mouths when you have a Tundra instead of a big three truck (I live in PA, we have lots of hilljacks). Same as Brutal, That's the only truck out there manufactured here in the US. I love seeing the ones that have big "Made in the USA" sticker on the back, can't put that shit on a Chevy/Ford/Dodge.

Back