Civic died while driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aikidoka

Hey guys,

Driving a 2005 Civic LX. Was running the AC and then noticed it shut off, looked at gauges and everything was down (car not running) no power steering etc. Radio still worked, little light inside the car still worked, alarm sounded when I opened the door with the keys in the ignition etc. So I had power, tried to start the car back up and the gauges just jump up and down and make a clicking noise similar to a dead battery. Engine wont crank however car was able to start with a jump. I was expecting it to die when I pulled the jumper cables off and it ran until i shut it off. (I had expected the alternator was bad and drained the battery) but the car didn't die. I immediately tried to restart the car and nothing...no engine crank no nothing. Headlights dont work but everything works inside the car like the radio, etc.

Im not sure that it is the alternator but it probably is...any thoughts? thanks in advance everyone.

Back