Civic ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicuk00

Hi can any one help!
Ihave a Civic 2000 1.5i LS VTEC Japanese Import (D15Z6) but I cant find any where that has an upgrade for my chip. Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks Mark

1.5 LS/VTEC ?? d15z6??

you mean mini me??????????????

AKA you had a d15b bottom end, and put a d16z6 head on it?

upgrade for your chip? you mean your ecu, and you want to get a chip?

Originally posted by civicuk00@Nov 10 2002, 09:28 AM
Hi can any one help!
Ihave a Civic 2000 1.5i LS VTEC Japanese Import (D15Z6) but I cant find any where that has an upgrade for my chip. Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks Mark

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

2000 Civic LS/VTEC Import? Good try buddy.

No its not a con or a joke! I have a 1.5i LS VTEC 2000 Hatchback that was imported from Japan and i have tried to find a new chip for it and cant find one anywhere. Engine number is D15Z6, Type EK3.

Can you put pics on here, because i'll take a pic of the plaque in the engine bay.

Originally posted by civicuk00@Nov 11 2002, 04:47 PM
No its not a con or a joke! I have a 1.5i LS VTEC 2000 Hatchback that was imported from Japan and i have tried to find a new chip for it and cant find one anywhere. Engine number is D15Z6, Type EK3.

Can you put pics on here, because i'll take a pic of the plaque in the engine bay.

I realize your a noob, but you could at least have some common sense.

Here's some important info.

A LS engine is a B18 not a D15

yes, you should read and find out what LS VTEC is, then get back to us with what your problem is, you have conflicting information

Sorry I should have said that I'm from Europe, my fault. The car was imported to Luxembourg europe. But why the hell have I got a pain in the ass engine? I've got the usual mods but I 'm after a new chip. But all I keep getting told is that my car does not exists, well sorry it does, its outside now!

Originally posted by civicuk00@Nov 12 2002, 04:18 AM
I keep getting told is that my car does not exists, well sorry it does, its outside now!

pics!!!!

So what you have is just a JDM 1.5 SOHC VTEC. Nothing unusual. No LSVTEC engine there.

It's Honda's smallest VTEC engine. (Similar to the US spec VX engine)

You can get a OBD2-1 adapter, and use a P08 ecu stock, or have it chipped.

Hondata is not going to be able to help you on this one.

I know, I know.... Why not?

The JDM 1.5l VTEC engine is missing a few parts that Hondata looks for.

1- The ECU does not have a barometric sensor
2- The ECU does not look for a VTEC oil pressure switch
3- The ECU does not look for a Knock sensor.

Although #3 doesn't matter, 1 & 2 do.

HTH's.

hrm... why doesn't it have #2? I was under the impression that the right pressure is required as a safety feature

I have heard of the D15Z6, but do not know anything about it. For switching to OBD1 and a USDM ecu, you could switch to a usdm vtec solenoid with a vtec pressure switch. I had to do this to use my usdm p72 on my JDM b18c.

Back