Civic Si 93 + B18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

Im thinking about putting a B18b1 into my 93 civic si and i wanted to know if theres any thing i need???
also i read somewhere that the tranny that the b18b1 comes with has tall gears, is this true?? should i just buy the engine block and get another tranny?? If so what tranny is a recomended one??? Also would this swap be a good swap?? does the b18b1 have enough juice to make my HB go fast??? how fast could i go with it in there??? everything else stock.....

thanks a lot for reading this long as series of questions,

~ ArthuR

94-95 B18B1 is good for your car,same obd and hydraulic tranny.After 95 slight wiring issue but nothing serious.You can use almost any other B series tranny depending on what you want as far as acceleration.The motor has enough power to scoot you along at a decent pace.

i was thinking of going with a b18b on my 95 hatch vx, i was also wondeing will it be easy to hit 13's with less work etc...no force induction. will i be able to smoke mustang GT's and GSR's

Originally posted by RS1@Jan 26 2003, 09:19 PM
i was thinking of going with a b18b on my 95 hatch vx, i was also wondeing will it be easy to hit 13's with less work etc...no force induction. will i be able to smoke mustang GT's and GSR's

No you won't smoke rustangs or GSR's with a B18B unless you put in some work.

a b18b is a good engine, u wont get to 13's without some searios work but i have beat a few 5.0L's in my time and its always funny to laugh at them. get I.H.E and mild cams and gut ur car, get some gears and fuel shit, good spark plugs, do all the mainstream bolt ons and u will beat a 5.0L 0-60 anyday. GSR's depends on Mods and driver skill. They are always a tough race:)

Originally posted by highperboi@Jan 27 2003, 03:41 AM
arnt mustangs faster then GSR????????

A GSR teg or a GSR in a stripped out hatch?The B18C1 is going to be faster than a B18B1 in the same car,if you add all the same mods,the GSR is still going to be faster.And most of the time,NO,your not going to leave mustangs in the dust.The thing of it is,I can spend a lot less on my civic,motor,and mods,than the cost of a 'stang,thing is you start modding the stang and you have a powerful car,and it doesn't take a whole lot.It boils down to who has the bigger wallet.

Thanks for all your input guys but i still have a question, how fast will i go with a b18b1 with gsr ex-manifold, AEM ram air, and cat-back apex'i WS?????

I would recommend the Apex-N1 cat-back for the setup that you are going for, it is worth the extra hundred. N1 is way better than the WS, plus i think it sounds alot cooler.

Back