Clarion nice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

macadoshes1

I just got a clarion nice system in my store and its pretty nuts. Its a portable 7" touchsceen navigation unit with a 20 gig hard drive for music and photos built in! Its got rca ins for a ps2 or dvd system also. Its like getting a nav unit, dvd and a ipod all in one. Oh yeah it also has a wireless rf modulator built in so it will play through any car radio. its also sirrus satilite ready so you can intergrate that in too. The system is only about $1050.00
I payed 400 for just my ipod(stupid)
Check it out at http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/navigation/index.html

thats pretty neat...

i like the 20gb hard drive...
but i'd fill that and be pissed. :p

someone needs to make a receiver with a powered usb input, so i can hook up my 160gb external hard drive right into the unit. :p

well...I'm sure you can switch the HD in it pretty easily. If its not IDE, you can probably mod it so that you can hook up an IDE drive to it. Then you could put a 400gb drive in it if you wanted to.

When it comes down to it, most drives are IDE, and all form factors are available SCSI or IDE (Think Firewire portables)

As far as the screen, it's nicer to see it in a reasonable price range than the toys it has. I'm a Clarion fanatic, and I'm pleased once again.

Can we get a PC into it though ? An OS and all ? Then my ears are perked.

-> Steve

Also, hey , since you have it in stock - does it do offroad way points and surface navigation ?

-> Steve

Also, is it compatible with satellite radio weather service ?

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 31 2005, 12:10 PM
Also, hey , since you have it in stock - does it do offroad way points and surface navigation ?

-> Steve

[post=547822]Quoted post[/post]​

The clarion nice has a usb input so you should be able to link to it. Audiobahn came out with a radio that has a usb right in front of it for a ipod so I imagine you can make it work. Too bad its a audiobahn radio.Made in china.

Originally posted by macadoshes1+Aug 31 2005, 06:06 PM-->
@Aug 31 2005, 12:10 PM

-> Steve

[post=547822]Quoted post[/post]​

The clarion nice has a usb input so you should be able to link to it. Audiobahn came out with a radio that has a usb right in front of it for a ipod so I imagine you can make it work. Too bad its a audiobahn radio.Made in china.
[post=547998]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yhea it has over two millon points of interest. It will do offroad waypoints but im not sure how accurate it would be??

F China. Make sure you do all you can do to never buy another Chinese product AGAIN. not even used.

-> Steve

ive had terrible experiences with clarions. crapping reading abilities plus constant skips on tiny bumps and the unit just stopped working after 3 years. CRAP>

Back