clicking noise in right front axle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kyleirwin

Retired OG
i have a '91 civic hatch and there is a clicking noise in the right front axle at low speeds. does anybody know what that could be?

sounds like a cv axle gone WAY bad. if you're at the point where its making clicking noises when you are driving straight, then you have waited WAY too long to fix it. i recommend taking it to a shop TOMORROW unless you know how to do it yourself, but the more you drive the less of the *maybe* 2 weeks you have before they snap and you are stranded for GOOD. well..until a tow comes around..

Unless you're completely wrong and you hear the noise coming from the front, and its not an axle, but your transmission...if its only in lower gears.

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 27 2002, 01:50 AM
sounds like a cv axle gone WAY bad. if you're at the point where its making clicking noises when you are driving straight, then you have waited WAY too long to fix it. i recommend taking it to a shop TOMORROW unless you know how to do it yourself, but the more you drive the less of the *maybe* 2 weeks you have before they snap and you are stranded for GOOD. well..until a tow comes around..

:worthy:

Back