clucth wuestion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16teg91

Ok got my b16 cable tranny axles everything i need to do my swap now i just need a clutch and fly wheel im not looking to spend more than 500 bucks, i found a Nkk clutch and XTD flywheel on ebay for $272.oo are these parts good or a they junk and not worth spending money on.any body have any info on these or links to where i can get a good clutch and fly wheeel at?

everyone here recommends exedy clutch OE replacement for stock engine, and a fidanza flywheel...

ACT clutchs for real power hook ups

I have an Exedy Organic Street Disc on my b16 and I love it. Easy to drive, and plenty of grip. You won't need a pucked clutch unless you are running serious power. As recked said, get an OE replacement for a sock 90 teg.

after using all these "budget" race brands, organic, 6 puck, yad yada...I would never buy one agin. I hated all of them. If you want a real clutch..ACT organic street disk is the only thing I will fly on a street driven car!

matt

Exedy is NOT a "budget" brand. They make top of the line clutches. Now NKK? Thats annother story. I've never heard of them and sure as hell would not put their parts in my car.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 23 2005, 01:11 PM
Exedy is NOT a "budget" brand. They make top of the line clutches. Now NKK? Thats annother story. I've never heard of them and sure as hell would not put their parts in my car.
[post=502559]Quoted post[/post]​

piss on exedy...i used to push those BS clutches to my friends, knowing that tey make them OEm setups and all...I have yet to see one last more than 30k on a car. And I am not talking only built hondas, things like a stock 4 cly. tacoma and a dodge dakota!. I say ACT all the way, if you can afford it. Hell, just buy an ACT disk!

Originally posted by hybrid89+May 23 2005, 02:03 PM-->
Citizen_Insane
@May 23 2005, 01:11 PM
Exedy is NOT a "budget" brand.  They make top of the line clutches.  Now NKK?  Thats annother story.  I've never heard of them and sure as hell would not put their parts in my car.
[post=502559]Quoted post[/post]​

piss on exedy...i used to push those BS clutches to my friends, knowing that tey make them OEm setups and all...I have yet to see one last more than 30k on a car. And I am not talking only built hondas, things like a stock 4 cly. tacoma and a dodge dakota!. I say ACT all the way, if you can afford it. Hell, just buy an ACT disk!
[post=502580]Quoted post[/post]​

well that will happen with any clutch that isn't broken in properly.3

these are properly broken in...I have had them in my own cars, and will never again. I've seen too many Exedy clutches shrapnile prematurely! You get waht you pay for....

The funny thing I don't understand, is that everyone defends exedy clutches like they manufacture the products themselves. Who cares if i can't stand the clutch you drive..as long as you can. I think many people underestimate what a "Good" clutch can do for power output. Go ahead..use your shitty brands (IMHO) I'll stick with my ACT! I would never buy another, nor recommend an exedy clutch to anyone that I know or build motors for again!

Originally posted by hybrid89@May 23 2005, 03:54 PM
these are properly broken in...I have had them in my own cars, and will never again. I've seen too many Exedy clutches shrapnile prematurely! You get waht you pay for....

The funny thing I don't understand, is that everyone defends exedy clutches like they manufacture the products themselves. Who cares if i can't stand the clutch you drive..as long as you can. I think many people underestimate what a "Good" clutch can do for power output. Go ahead..use your shitty brands (IMHO) I'll stick with my ACT! I would never buy another, nor recommend an exedy clutch to anyone that I know or build motors for again!
[post=502633]Quoted post[/post]​

yea my buddy says act all the way,one more question for u guys,can i reuse my existing fly wheel from my b16 on my new cable tranny or will i need a new fly wheel also?

Back