Clutch For B16a Tranny On Ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey all, hopefully soon ill be slapping a B16a Tranny on my 91 LS. i was wondering a few things, i heard before that the imput shaft on the LS is bigger than the B16a? So i have to get a clutch for a 92-95? is this true? or should i just buy a clutch for a b17a Tranny? i was looking to get an ACT HD, then lighten and balance my flywheel. please help me out so i know what clutch to but to make it work. Thanks

You have the input shaft sizes backwards, the 90-91 LS used a smaller input shaft than any of the other B series trannys. The B16 tranny will work fine on that block, you just need a clutch setup for any 92+ B series engine (Integra, Del Sol VTEC, or 99-00 Civic Si). This will also require you to get a new flywheel (the clutch contact area is larger on the new clutches)

if you have an A1, J1, S1 or Y1 get a 90-91 Clutch Kit if you are using a YS1 Tranny use 92-93 Clutch Kit.

The Tranny code can be found on the Clutch housing facing the front of your car.. Will be a Gold or White Sticker. If you don't have that count the Splines on the Main Shaft 25 Splines is 90-91 26 Splines is 92-93

HTH

Back