COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another comical kill. Went back to the theatre to check out one of my kills diving through a window. Was surprised to find out that I actually killed an unseen guy behind the back wall. I guess sometimes you CAN kill what you cant see.
YouTube - ‪Happy Accident (COD Black Ops diving kill)‬‏
P.S. This setup ooooooowns Firing Range. Does pretty good on many of the smaller maps too like NT or Summit. Spectre, Rapid Fire, Suppressor. No recoil, deadly quick. Just wish I had my ACOG too. :(

Double0Si on xbl For some reason my damn home internet/cable just went down though. I was about to jump on for a bit.

P.S. This setup ooooooowns Firing Range. Does pretty good on many of the smaller maps too like NT or Summit. Spectre, Rapid Fire, Suppressor. No recoil, deadly quick. Just wish I had my ACOG too. :(

ACOG on an SMG? That seems...unnecessary...

You'd think. But it gets "longer" range kills. I usually ran the ACOG for that reason with a suppressor (again, for the recoli reduction), but in this case anything would be better than that little post sight.

You'd think. But it gets "longer" range kills. I usually ran the ACOG for that reason with a suppressor (again, for the recoli reduction), but in this case anything would be better than that little post sight.

You're wasting the Warlord perk with that setup though. The silencer and the ACOG scope cancel each other out (ACOG increases range, but silencer reduces it), so you'd be better off pairing a different attachment with the silencer (red dot, extended mags, whatever) or just use the silencer by itself and use a different 2nd perk.

The silencer doesn't do anything for recoil. It just seems that way because it reduces the muzzle flash. Google it, or look it up on YouTube. Or just try it out for yourself. Set up two classes with same gun, one silenced, and go in to a private match and fire them both at a wall from the same distance without touching your joystick. The bullet hole spread will be about the same...

I use the ACOG because of the zoom it gives me. Actually being able to see the target clearly is the benefit. And I do try them out, very regularly, in local mode. Side by side in pretty much every combo available, and it most certainly cuts down in recoil. It doesn't waiver from the point of aim really at all. Unlike unsuppressed where its all over the place after 5ish rounds.

I don't know how anybody uses the ACOG at all. I hate that attachment as much as I hate the thermal scope in MW2.

I will give the ACOG credit in COD4 though, when I used that thing on the M4 I regularly destroyed the other team with ease.

Just for the zoom. And only in the spectre (sparingly if at all nowadays) and the AUG. I hate it on the commando m16 and especially sniper rifle. It's but too slow for rapid target acquisition but just works for me I'm those two guns.

i can only use the acog on the m16.. everything else its garbage

I use iron on the commando and galil now. I've been running hardened pro or slight of hand so its either a suppressor or sometimes (gasp) a noob tube. :eek:

i like the reflex for the zoom, works well with commando for longer range
but i tend to just use the extended mag and spray&pray
stuck with the 74u until i get back to the ak47 again

I use the ACOG because of the zoom it gives me. Actually being able to see the target clearly is the benefit. And I do try them out, very regularly, in local mode. Side by side in pretty much every combo available, and it most certainly cuts down in recoil. It doesn't waiver from the point of aim really at all. Unlike unsuppressed where its all over the place after 5ish rounds.

I swear I'm not making this up. Back when the game came out some guy actually looked at the game's coding and pulled the weapon stats out. According to the coding the only attachments that have any effect on recoil are the grip and the snub nose for the Python. He posted all of this online but I don't remember where. I'll see if I can find it...

i like the reflex for the zoom, works well with commando for longer range

Do you mean the ACOG? The reflex sight and the red dot sight don't zoom or effect accuracy in any way. Actually, the reflex sight is pretty pointless in my opinion. It's just like the red dot except the scope obscures more of your vision.

The ACOG scope actually does zoom in a little bit though. I like using it with the M16 or the FAL and "sniping" with them...

Back