Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drewballs56

i recently put a b16 first gen motor in my 90 integra. and the Mil comes on while cruising.. and after high rpm's it does as well.. ive done my research in all data i know how to read the codes as well. and code 11 is not a manufactures code. theres not even a code 11. Alldata states that to check for codes not specified you need to try A new ECU>. its a pr3, obd 0, all my wireing is correct, and it runs awsome all the time.. it does have two (2) O2 sensors in the manifold. could the ecu be the wrong one for the b16? could it be failing? im a tech like you others, im in college for this stuff. ive stumped my instructors on this one.. any thoughts?

I'm not sure what "mil" is, is that suppose to be "oil"?

As for the o2 sensors. b16sir 1's, the motor you claim you have, did not come with 2 o2's. I think only obd2 motors did. So someone probably used an obd2 manifold and wired the 2 o2's together or something. Look into that 2 o2 problem also. Good luck finding out what is wrong.

Does vtec kick in?

OBDII vehicles are 96 and newer.. few late 95's had it but it... and OBDII motors use pre post o2's the post o2 is a catylist efficiency moniter.... and pre is for fuel metering... and two of my friends that have the sir1 swap like me have two o2's as well in the manifold.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 12 2003, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure what "mil" is, is that suppose to be "oil"?

As for the o2 sensors. b16sir 1's, the motor you claim you have, did not come with 2 o2's. I think only obd2 motors did. So someone probably used an obd2 manifold and wired the 2 o2's together or something. Look into that 2 o2 problem also. Good luck finding out what is wrong.

Does vtec kick in?

but... he is using a pr3 which DOES look for two o2 sensors. its not a fact of what motor he is using but a fact of which ecu he has. obd0 pr3 ecu's look for TWO o2 sensors. each having one wire.

Back