coilover questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've got the neuspeed strut braces all the way around on my coupe civic. they work well... i've seen dc's on a late-90's `lude, and they don't seem to do much. they look like painted rubber.

i tell everyone they should do springs first, and then strut braces.... that's just an opinion though. i think springs do more for controlling the chassis than strut braces. a strut brace will keep the "tub" in line through cornering, which I admit, does help. But if you're still on stock springs, you're probably rolling onto your tires' sidewalls before the strut braces do any good.

benen bars are relatively inexpensive, considering their pieces are as good as mugen. plus they make upper tie bars, lower tie bars (front/rear) and lower cross member braces.

plus i've emailed their owner/developer and he will have fender braces and various other braces that will utilize mounting points within the car...

he said ITR LCA's are in development, along with a 22mm rear sway bar and possibly a 25mm sway bar.

as you can tell, i'm a big fan of benen products.

The Zero1's are on, ride smooth, and look great. I'd recommend them to people on a budget. Not all people have $350-$400 for coilovers. I certainly don't =)

Originally posted by chet@Jan 1 2003, 11:20 AM
benen bars are relatively inexpensive, considering their pieces are as good as mugen. plus they make upper tie bars, lower tie bars (front/rear) and lower cross member braces.

plus i've emailed their owner/developer and he will have fender braces and various other braces that will utilize mounting points within the car...

he said ITR LCA's are in development, along with a 22mm rear sway bar and possibly a 25mm sway bar.

as you can tell, i'm a big fan of benen products.

actually, since i found out i cant put a front upper bar in my rex due to the dual point injection contraption, i been looking for someone who makes a lower tie bar for the front. :)

prowler...cool! put up some pics :) its good to know there are some decent coilovers available for less. i saw in a mag that zero 1 makes racing seats that sell for less than $500 a pair...and they look good! seems they are a new company trying to break into the scene.

Yeah I've seen them. They're Tenzo-R clones I believe, and I've sat in them before. Very comfortable.

cool! i need some seats! mines all torn up on the driver side. i also saw corbeau forza seats for only $209 each. those would be nice too...rails are prolly expensive tho.

anyway, update: found out from jeff that i can put a front strut bar in my car after all :)

Back