Comcast to increase bandwidth

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, I haven't reset my modem and haven't done a speed test. I'll check it out after work tonight.

Comcast didnt make changes everywhere, it was only certain areas(I think theres a list of states and areas that got increased to 4MB/s.
My area was included, and I haven't noticed a difference. They say you need to powercycle your cable modem, which I also did, and I still dont see a difference.

yeah my upload bandwidth reports as 330kbps to 380kbps
my download speed reading from broadbandtools.com isn't an accurate reflection of my speed as I had some BT among other things d/l ing
so yeah the upload I can definetley say has increased

On a related note....can anyone recommend a new cable modem for me? My current one (I own it, not leasing from Comcast) likes to stop transferring data from time to time, which makes me unplug it and restart it. This happens about once every 2-hour online session.

i have a white RCa one from comcast. seems to work fine.

huh?

anyway, i reset my modem, and now my shit seems slower. :(

My comcast seems to be slower now also... is there anything to do to help with the speeds. And how do i check my transfer speeds?

google up "bandwidth speed test" or something like that. theres 23123 of sites

Back