Comp Gurus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

Anyone know a way to have one email address and have the emails that are sent to that address randomly redirected to two other address'? like if you have one email address for two people and you dont want to answer the same emails twice?

any ideas?

its called a fowarder. depending on who your hosting company is, there should be an option when you set up new email accounts to either be a pop3 or a forward to a different account name.

if you want 1@me.com and 2@me.com both to froward to you@me.com 1 and 2 need to be forwarders.

nah thats not what i mean.. i mean physically seperate incoming mail.. like if two mails are sent one goes to me and one to the other name. if thats not possible anyway to let the other person know we've responded (besides sending a "CC")

Originally posted by HybridRevolution@Feb 16 2003, 04:27 AM
nah thats not what i mean.. i mean physically seperate incoming mail.. like if two mails are sent one goes to me and one to the other name. if thats not possible anyway to let the other person know we've responded (besides sending a "CC")

hmmm if i understand what your saying then the only thing i would think of is a reply all situation... unless this is what your saying:

One Email is sent to two [or multiple] people regarding a certain question [lets say it has something to do with motors]... and as soon as one person answers that email then the other email address is sent a notice of some kind saying that the question has already been answered??

that is how i am somewhat understanding your question, but try to clarify a lil bit more

No, Eric is asking for a way to sort mail... Like you have 4 ppl living together in ONE house, but you sort the mail per person..

i.e. I send him an e-mail pertaining prices and someone else sends him a question pertaining prices, he wants it to all goto ONE e-mail address, but then automatically be sorted where him and someone else (or multiple ppl) get an e-mail..

further explained.

1 address and gets 4 e-mails.. he wants those 4 e-mails to goto that 1 e-mail address, then sorted to 2 or more different addresses internally.

wtf. im even more confused now. lol

if you have multiple people working on a project, you need a CVS :)

ok lol

lets try this again..

5 people email me for prices to jdm@hybridrevolution.com my buddy has email2@hybridrevolution.com ok they come into the mail side of our server and set to us. Now, i want like 2 of those to be sent to email2 and the jdm box keep the 3 or visa versa.. (doesnt matter just want it random)

we just want a way to recive and slpit the work of answering emails and not have to worry about doing double the work, without CCing the emails and taking up space. make more sense?

Code:
oh so you want the e-mails sent to "this address" to be randomly sorted and sent to 2 different addresses, so that the two people recieving these emails are not reading, and replying to the smae person... i get it

sent emails          1    2    3    4    
                    \    |    |    /
                    \    |    |    /
                   [email]hybrid.blah@xxx.com[/email]
                      /        \  
            sales person 1      sales person 2
              |     |              |     |
sent emails     3    1             2     4
recieved

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh i get it now... lol

firgive me i was in an "elevated state" when i was reading last night, i get it now though lol... i personally dont know a way to have all that stuff sorted... sorry mayan :(

lol this is funny, i understood it they way that the diagram shows it, i theory there should be a way but i dont know what it is.

you need to run a 3rd part program for mail distribution.

what is your server looking like? is it php compatible? there are a few good imap mail programs out there that should give the proper directions to the emails.
BUT- in doing so- anything addressed to you@yoursite.com may never get to you. it will go to who ever is in "line" to get the queue of the next mail message.

Back