compatable transmissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cj1805

i have a 91 integra 1.8 auto and im planning on swaping it out to a five speed this summer. i dont wanna search for parts so im just gonna buy a whole car thats rusted out or has a blown motor or watever. i cant find any 90-93 5 speed tegs in my area. wat other cars can i use as donners? i know they put that motor in everything but would a tranny out of a civic or a newer integra work?
can anyone tell me wat models and years i can use. im not conserned with gear ratios or weather its a hydrolic or cable clutch, im not buildin it to race. ive just had alot of problems with my auto (im missing reverse and 4th now) and would much rather have a 5 speed.

Your Integra has a B series engine- Civics generally don't. Get a transmission from another 90-93 Integra if you can.

You can use hydraulic (there's no "O" in that word) transmissions (94-01 Integra) if you want to add the hydraulic hardware, but it will be a custom setup since your generation Integra came with cable actuated clutches.

Good luck.

honda did not do a good job when making the codes for the transmissions so you wont really know if it is an ls, gsr, or b16 cable transmission. here are some of the codes you can shop around for, Ys1, S1, Y1, J1, those are all codes for cable transmissions that will directly bolt up to your car

Back