Completely Retarded Signage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Ok, I'm really sorry I don't have a pic/video of one of these stupid things, but we have these signs now on major roads that say "Focus and Drive" then pause for about 3 seconds, then "Arive Alive". Am I the only one who sees the irony in a fucking sign on the side of the road that will take you about 5-6 seconds to read the whole thing telling you to focus on what you're doing?!?!?!

Just had to share that, I found it amusing but I'm sure someone will be maimed/crippled/killed by some dick face who is trying to read the sign and talk on their phone while sipping a tims.

I just think it's ridiculous that the gov't pretends to make the roads safer. A perfect example is the red light camera. It takes a picture of your license plate. Do you feel safer knowing that there will be a photo of some jackass slamming into you as he careens through the intersection at twice the speed limit? No, but the government feels much safer knowing that they can count on that $150 or more they can collect when it happens.
Sorry, just ranting!!!

about the camera thing, its a way to make money off people for breaking the law.
its a good idea, it makes a lot of people second guess running a red light.

but about the sign thing, thats stupid.

Ok, but if they REALLY just wanted to make the roads safer, it has been proven (and is obvious) that extending the yellow light and extending the time between red in one direction and green in the other improves intersection safety immensely. Not to say that that won't also encourage people tp run the light because they have so much time, but if they have the time to do it then it's not a safety issue anymore :p Of course that doesn't generate any capital so screw that stupid idea...
Word up dude, just needed to get that off my chest, sometimes this driving game is rough

Ok, but if they REALLY just wanted to make the roads safer, it has been proven (and is obvious) that extending the yellow light and extending the time between red in one direction and green in the other improves intersection safety immensely. Not to say that that won't also encourage people tp run the light because they have so much time, but if they have the time to do it then it's not a safety issue anymore :p Of course that doesn't generate any capital so screw that stupid idea...
Word up dude, just needed to get that off my chest, sometimes this driving game is rough
extending the yellow light at known high risk lights would be best.

Forcing people under 5ft tall to use booster seats in their SUV's and have license restrictions for driving overly large vehicles would also do the trick.

I've seen so many people driving waayyy too big of cars for them , and they are all over the road because they can't tell their vehicles dimensions posing a danger to others.

the length of the yellow is often shortened at intersections monitored with stop light cameras... you know, to make you safer... so when the light turns yellow, people either SLAM on their brakes to avoid the ticket and cause a rear end collision... or they get a ticket for running the light

more people in the US need to take the queue from the people in the UK lighting the speed cameras on fire

make them spend so much money replacing these fucking things that it is no longer cost effective to use them

big brother's all seeing eye watching over the nanny state FTMFL!!!!

a little diesel fuel and an old car tire goes a long way

What I don't like about intersection cameras is the fact that different vehicles take longer to stop.

A light that turns yellow when I'm 40 feet away in my car, yeah I can stop well behind the white line easily, if I'm not being tailgated that is.

A light that turns yellow when I'm 40 feet away in my WORK VAN, no fucking way I'm going to get stopped in time.

Luckily Indiana/Allen County won't let Fort Wayne put up cameras on state routes in the city limits.

My thing about it is, when I see a light turn yellow and someone is near/in the intersection before it turns red, I don't see the problem here. When it turns yellow while someone is behind someone else slowing down and they push around and then slam the pedal through the floor to make the light, only to go through it when it had already turned red... thats when I have the problem.

Edit: I completely forgot what I was originally going to post about... As far as the signage goes, when you're driving do you really pay attention that much to signs? Billboards, crosswalk signs, street information signs, etc... Saturday night I took a walk around my neighborhood (didn't want to de-ice my car) and noticed alot of one way and do not enter signs that I'd never seen before. My house is a mere three blocks from my parents, where I'd lived all my life.

Last edited:
On the topic of signage in general, this is from the deli in my building at work:

10296d1236187976-0822081423.jpg

:D

Attachments

• 0822081423.jpg
    0822081423.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 205
the length of the yellow is often shortened at intersections monitored with stop light cameras... you know, to make you safer... so when the light turns yellow, people either SLAM on their brakes to avoid the ticket and cause a rear end collision... or they get a ticket for running the light

more people in the US need to take the queue from the people in the UK lighting the speed cameras on fire

make them spend so much money replacing these fucking things that it is no longer cost effective to use them

big brother's all seeing eye watching over the nanny state FTMFL!!!!

"Cue" and yes, i carry a slingshot in the jeep, and a bunch of rocks. Obama stickers get it, and those trailered speed cameras get it. But it's REALLY hard to hit that little target. Like shooting womp rats.

Make a law against single women with office jobs from owning hummers, suburbans and excursions. Always angers me. WTF DO YOU NEED IT FOR?!?!?!

Yeah... the US is already a big enough police state. Let them own their gas guzzlers. I could care less.

All good points! Especially the stopping distance one, I remember driving a 1-ton truck a couple years back laoded to the hilt with scrap metal and thinking "there's no forking way I'm stopping if some shit goes down".
Yes lots of people seem to drive vehicles that are excessive for their needs or beyond their ability to even fathom having control of. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm in the truck capital of north america and almost everyone is driving a 1/2ton of some kind or an SUV. It pisses me off when you see some stuffed shirt driving his long box 3500 to the office. What do you need all that cargo space for, ink cartridges and staples? Get a hyundai.
And consider a moment before making salads!!! :D

2000si- I actually do get distracted a fair bit when im driving- I don't let it get to the point of being dangerous but I'm constantly checking out signs and whatnot. These particualr signs are set up by the city, they're bright orange with the big ass "pixels" on them. Sometimes they say other stupid shit like "Checkstop Ahead??"
Good for the UK for taking a stand against red light cameras. I've seen them defaced and some guys stole the plate off one of those photo vans and ran past him with it like 10 times. Then there were people throwing bricks and junk at the photo vans for a bit. It's just not a pleasant situation in any regard!

Ok, I'm really sorry I don't have a pic/video of one of these stupid things, but we have these signs now on major roads that say "Focus and Drive"

This is clearly a conspiracy between Ford and the Government to send subliminal messages to people to get them to buy Ford Focus's . Read in reverse, Drive and Focus, Drive a Focus... Drive a Ford Focus....

What no one else see's this?!!

the tinfoil is in isle 12

tires are easy to get your hands on

go to any service shop and they will usually have a giant stack of take offs in the back

So I was driving to work today when I cruised past the Ford dealership... something caught my eye in the back of the lot there, I'm going to check it out tomorrow...

Back