Confused About Axles(b16-->crx)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA-MAX

hi people....I'm in the process of gathering parts for my B16a1 swap into a 1991 CRX HF, I've been looking all over the web and have found a few great sites detailing the swap, but there is one thing that is confusing me.

while most people are saying the 90-93 axles will fit right into the YS1 tranny, I read on HAsports page that they have to be modified!?!? did I misread something(I tend to do that). And I also did a search of the archives here and read that one guy was using Del Sol(Vtec) axles?? this is all I need to be straightened out on, cause its got my brain in a rut!! Thanks for any help. can't wait to start all this madness come spring!

As far as I've read 90-93 axles will work fine assuming that your transmision came with an intermediate shaft...

you do however have to remove a little dust cap from where the axle plugs into your wheel hubs..(the easiest way to think of this is removing an extra washer from a bolt so it'll fit properly...it's really that simple)

Troy A

Originally posted by TroyA@Jan 22 2003, 09:46 PM
As far as I've read 90-93 axles will work fine assuming that your transmision came with an intermediate shaft...

you do however have to remove a little dust cap from where the axle plugs into your wheel hubs..(the easiest way to think of this is removing an extra washer from a bolt so it'll fit properly...it's really that simple)

Troy A

cool..I just wanted to make sure! and yeah I saw the dust cap removal thing over on HASport, but cool thanks for clearing that up! :D

it's all a huge pain in the ass buying axles for b series in a 4th gen.. it all depends on your intermediate shaft, somehow mine came with a 94+ GSR intermediate which had a male end on it... heres the pic off hasport.com

s3e2fea27f3963.jpg

see the one on the top.... sometimes your swap will come with one of those thrown on it and i dont' care what they say 94 gsr axles don't work for shit, no OE axles work (well they work but the lengths are far from ideal), then exp after a drop.. even though people bitch about raxles quality they have b series in 4th gen swaps to a fuckin science...

raxles.com

just let them know the trans (stamped right on the front) and they normally figure it out from there, the guy is real cool

here's the deal, if you get a 90-93 teg intermediate shaft, use 90-93 teg axles

if you get the 89-91 SiR intermediate shaft, you'll have to construct your own SiR axles which is a pain in the ass.

so to make the swap as easy as possible, get a 90-93 teg intermediate shaft.

thanks for the added advice guys! I hope I get the Integra inter shaft when I order the motor next month...if not a trip to the bone yard to pull some won't hurt!

Back