Controlling your monster?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

meredith

Hey there guys. I've been reading the forums for a while and this question has come to mind.

I notice that my totally stock civic hatch 1992 seems to get really light when I get going near its top speed.

So the question that I wanna ask is, after you do a bunch of mods, and are going even faster how do you keep control of the vehicle?

Do you guys all put wings on your cars to get downforce? Or is this even a problem that you've run in to?

Chris.

100% stock aerodynamics on my sol (no kits, no wings, no nothin) just lowered, it was quite stable at 152mph

id say suspension and good tires are most important

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 31 2004, 07:42 PM
100% stock aerodynamics

id say suspension and good tires are most important

:thumbsup:

That and some good brakes.

Definately lower it, not too much, and stiffen it up with some good struts/ springs. :nod:

Thanks for the replies. I like what I'm hearing so far. I don't want to have to put a god aweful looking wing on my vehicle.

most of the wings on the market are designed with asthetics in mind first and functionality second- stiffening up your suspension should be all the help your car will need at high speeds-

A good suspention/wheel set up is key. There really is no need for those wings, like Lude said most all are only aesthetic. Also a mod mentioned previously that should be analogous with speed mods is a good brake set up.

Canards, properly engineered front lips/wings will effectivly increase downforce. Though nearly all of the crap you see online and in magazines is for bling. Race cars use these things for fine tuning but on a street/mild track car stock aero's will be fine.

And if anyone says that you need a bodykit and or abnormally large wing to go fast and be stable slap them :p .

Back