Copying PS2 Games

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I know a few of you guys mentioned that you guys copied PS2 games. I just got a DVDR burner and I was wondering how to do it. I tried searching the web and it was full of crap and everyone wanted to sell you a "how to" book for 20 bucks. Oh yeah, is it like the originally ps1 where you have to get a mod chip? Alright, thanks a lot guys.

yeah you need a chip soldered in the ps2 (some places do it for about $90-120 chip incl.) then just burn the games like they're a dvd

i have the magic2 modchip :) i put that sucker in myself.

whats a really really good modchip then? i want one that works well and wont fuck up my ps2 in any shape or form. however, im really considering the adapter with the boot disc. can it play anything? or is it restricted to certains regions or watever? because it says US only but then it says play your import games?

the swap magic thing is pretty awesome.

all you have to do is rent a game and then burn it onto a normal CD-R.

you put the swapmagic disc in, and it loads and tells you to insert your game disc, you pop the top, take out the swap magic disc, put your burnt gaem in and voiala. since you never open the tray, the ps2 thinks its the same disc.

would it be able to play burnt ps1 and import games without gliches? ive heard the plug and play ones dont play as well as the soldered ones.. i mean if i does, shit 40 bucks is a steal when ur burning games for 1-2 bucks a piece instead of paying 50.

what about the slide card with the swap disc?? because thats only 20 bucks and it seems simplier? or u guys still think the flip top is the way to go?

the swap magic is the only one i have experience with, so thats what i vote for, it works extremely well.

I've used the slide card, works fine....you have to remove the front of the tray, but who needs that anyhow??

I would say, if your hard up for cash, go the cheaper way...they both look like they work fine.

The card does work fine too....

Back