Core Required When Doing Motor Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
i just thought of somehting.
when i get my b16 put into my civic ex.....

Do most swap shops require a core?

cuz if not, then theoretically i can part out my y8 engine and have it pay for some of the swap?

anyone?

also how much should i realistically expect to get for all the stuff bein taken out?
and what exactly could i sell besides the y8 head and ecu?
engine has 93,xxx miles on it.

thanks

i havent heard of a core charge before. you can part out your motor, tranny, and ecu and probably get like 500-800 and up or something.

That is really weird, a core charge usually means that you are exchanging an old something plus some cash for the same model something that has been rebuilt or remanufactured. I have never heard of anyone charging for a core on an engine swap.

ok. misunderstanding.....

i thought that in order for them to give me the swap, i had to let them take and keep my old engine......

but i seen some guy on here wanting to buy a y8 head, and figured taht i could sell mine, and put the cash towards the swap.....

so thats what i meant by "core" like when you take ur alternator to get fixed or whatever and they want the old one.....at least thats what happend to me

so what off of the 96 civic ex, could i take and sell online? the car has 93,xxx miles on it.
if anyone needs anything lemme know, pm me with ur email address and in about 2 months ill have
whatever u need. car is in "tits" condition mechanically. the tranny has a brand new clutch, some sort of "performance" one
but most likely a pep-boys "performance one"

clutch is only 2? months old. with 500? miles on it.

:angry: dammit post in the right friggin section. i believe this is the 2nd topic you have started in 2-3 days that was posted in the wrong section. this is a swap related topic and thats where its moving to... :angry:

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 31 2003, 09:03 PM
i thought that in order for them to give me the swap, i had to let them take and keep my old engine......

That's just usually how it ends up happening, because most swap customers don't have a good way to take the old engine away and store it / sell it.

if the shop doesn't let you take your motor back, and you are still paying them, then your swap should cost $100.
they can easily turn around and sell a good condition y8 for 600 bucks.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 31 2003, 10:40 PM
:angry: dammit post in the right friggin section. i believe this is the 2nd topic you have started in 2-3 days that was posted in the wrong section. this is a swap related topic and thats where its moving to... :angry:

anything motor and or honda civic related goes in this forum?

gotcha. ;)

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 31 2003, 11:58 PM
karnash, is this the company you were looking for? i heard you mention bisi doing your swwap and a shop called rs(?). well, i noticed on the front bumper of bisi's crx, this website:

http://www.rsmachines.com

and yes rice, i had Rich do my zc swap back in the day when they were located on Vermont blvd. in Torrance? or is it carson?
anyways they did a excellent job, and from what i hear, altho i do not know how true this is, they are not doing swaps anymore.

too bad.

Originally posted by karnash+Apr 1 2003, 12:19 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Mar 31 2003, 11:58 PM
karnash, is this the company you were looking for? i heard you mention bisi doing your swwap and a shop called rs(?). well, i noticed on the front bumper of bisi's crx, this website:

http://www.rsmachines.com

and yes rice, i had Rich do my zc swap back in the day when they were located on Vermont blvd. in Torrance? or is it carson?
anyways they did a excellent job, and from what i hear, altho i do not know how true this is, they are not doing swaps anymore.

too bad.

why dont u call them up. their phone # and address are on that link

oh what the heck..here it is. i would've just copied the info, but its a jpeg..and you can call me gabe. good luck :thumbsup: they might make an exception since they know you.
rs_placeholder.jpg

Back