Counter Strike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
So I decided to start playing Half Life: Counter Strike again. I bought it at Wal-Mart yesterday. I installed it and everything.

Now here's the problems:
1) I tried to play Internet Games but it's telling me my Executable is out of date. Just download an update right? So I download an update that says it will go from my current version 1.4 to 1.5. It updates but I still can't play because it says it's still out of date. WTF!!!??? So now there's no available updates and I still can't play. Anyone have an idea?

2)I download an update that says it's version 1.6 with STEAM...now when I play with Steam, I get to play in a bunch of servers, everythings fine and dandy until I try to switch my gun so it's on the right side of the screen instead of the left. I can't play with my gun on the left because it's way too akward and I been trying to get used to it but I just can't. I hate it. I've tried all options to switch from left to right but nothing is working. Any idea of what else I can do??!!

So pretty much one game let's me play, but not the way I want. The other one has it the way I want, but won't let me play!

Anyone know if there is an update or something else I am missing?

Help me!!!! anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Valve. I had a bunch of problems with HL2 as far as updates, one time I even got locked out. Their multiplayer servers all sucked too. slow, glitchy. I don't know now, I am not going to install it again....wel maybe.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 23 2005, 09:29 PM
What's Counterstrike?
[post=515858]Quoted post[/post]​

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not? lol

John, would you happen to know where I can find the help? did you find any help?

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jun 23 2005, 10:23 PM-->
@Jun 23 2005, 09:29 PM
What's Counterstrike?

[post=515905]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously- all I know is that CS is a remake of a remake the Quake II engine and has a lot of campers that play and people who like to freak others out while sniping with the Desert Eagle. So WTF is Counterstrike?

:lol:

Steam should update your HL automatically, and for the weapons part there should be a setting in the Options menu(i prefer it on the left side, but i play DOD mainly now so the weapons are always on the right).

just checked it out: Options->multiplayer tab-> advanced
in there should be an option for weapon alignment, just pick left or right.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jun 24 2005, 05:23 AM-->
@Jun 23 2005, 09:29 PM
What's Counterstrike?

John, would you happen to know where I can find the help? did you find any help?
[post=515905]Quoted post[/post]​

No I never did, their support site sucks donkey balls. I just tried it over again till it worked. Eventually it updated fine.

The left/right switch thing is a bug, deal with it, it really dones't affect game play. As for CS in general: best fps ever made. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says, I love that game to death. You also don't need to cheat to be good, at least I never needed to.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jun 24 2005, 01:38 PM
The left/right switch thing is a bug, deal with it, it really dones't affect game play. As for CS in general: best fps ever made. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says, I love that game to death. You also don't need to cheat to be good, at least I never needed to.
[post=516108]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, it doesn't effect the game play itself but I can't play like that period. I haven't played CS in over a year and the left hand gun thing is just annoying. It's just completely akward.

John, I'll keep trying to update but how long did you try before it finally worked??

For HL2 about three tries, not bad I guess considering the traffic they probably get. There was an issue about an update they did that really fucked a lot of peoples games up, but this was a while back. Most of teh DM's I have played have gotten better, but they used to be filled with glitchs and artifacts, some so bad it would lock up....hmmm, maybe I'll install it again and play some tonight.

Oh shit son!!! I just got my graphics card working in Linux y0, might have to install cedegra > HL2 > CS:S and GET DOWN :)

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jun 24 2005, 03:46 PM-->
Citizen_Insane
@Jun 24 2005, 01:38 PM
The left/right switch thing is a bug, deal with it, it really dones't affect game play.  As for CS in general:  best fps ever made.  I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says, I love that game to death.  You also don't need to cheat to be good, at least I never needed to.
[post=516108]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, it doesn't effect the game play itself but I can't play like that period. I haven't played CS in over a year and the left hand gun thing is just annoying. It's just completely akward.

John, I'll keep trying to update but how long did you try before it finally worked??
[post=516216]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly, I've been playing since I was in 5th grade, and I can't tell what side the gun is on anymore. Keep playing you and will forget that the gun skin is even there. Beta .6 started it all for me.

maybe it has something to do with the models(there's supposed to be a left and right hand set of models)?

Also, try installing HL directly from steam instead of using the cd and updates. That's what i did. As long as you have your steam account connected with your cd key, it should allow you to dl the full game.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jun 24 2005, 11:45 PM
maybe it has something to do with the models(there's supposed to be a left and right hand set of models)?

Also, try installing HL directly from steam instead of using the cd and updates. That's what i did. As long as you have your steam account connected with your cd key, it should allow you to dl the full game.
[post=516279]Quoted post[/post]​

It gives me the option to switch hands. Everything is set to righthand but it just won't go to the righthand. I'll try to keep updating and i'll try downloading it straight from STEAM. Thanks guys.

For the mean time, I guess i'll start trying to play lefthanded.

Back