Croch Rocket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLA

I am thinking about getting a Croch Rocket (600 series) for the spring time. I want to spend somewhere's between $1,000 and $3,000.

1. What bike should I get with that amount of $?

2. How much will my liab. cost for six months with a pretty bad record?

Just trying to get ideas here...any info would help! Thanks!!

early 90's CBR600 F2-F3 Hands down the most reliable bike you ever find.

Originally posted by legutki@Oct 14 2003, 09:03 AM
early 90's CBR600 F2-F3 Hands down the most reliable bike you ever find.

How about a 95? My cuz is selling his for $2,500! Is this a good deal? It has a baby blue paint job! Kinnda betten up though! My other friends tell me not to get it b/c he beet the shit out of it.

Still runs strong though!

i'd pick up a ~96 honda f3...shouldnt be much more than 3500

to add to this thread-

1. Those that actually have/had bikes, what do you pay a month on insurance?

2. Is the 600cbr too much for a noob?

3. Is it pretty comfortable driving on the highway for over 2 hours?

Suzuki Hyabusa 1300 w/ turbo kit that is what you should have trust me

Originally posted by SolReaver@Oct 14 2003, 01:59 PM
i'd pick up a ~96 honda f3...shouldnt be much more than 3500

to add to this thread-

1. Those that actually have/had bikes, what do you pay a month on insurance?

2. Is the 600cbr too much for a noob?

3. Is it pretty comfortable driving on the highway for over 2 hours?

Is it like a 600 series bike?

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Oct 14 2003, 02:06 PM
Suzuki Hyabusa 1300 w/ turbo kit that is what you should have trust me

Yah right I would kill my self within a week or my insurance company would rape me or something :D

my buddy schwag bought a cbr 600 for his first bike. hes 5'5, 120 lbs, tops... tiny bastard... and he handles it just fine...

Well the 1300 with the turbo kit is just a little faster than a 600!! :lol: This will be my first bike and I do not want anything higher than a 600 series for now!

its 600cc (displacement of the motor) not 600 "series", just to let you know about the lingo. If say 600 series people are going to look at you funny.

just imagine hitting 270 on a bike thou wouldnt it be awsome! ( right before you eyes get sucked out of you head and you crash and die) :lol:

If it is your first bike, I would encourage a Ninja 250 cc. Weak bike, but to learn on, you can't get a better deal than that. It is slow, and once you get the hand of it, you will be tearing up that transimission flooring it everywhere you go. A 2004 Ninja 250 is only $3,000 not too much. One thing you will need to remember is if you are learning, you will drop the bike on many occasions. It will get beat up, and you might try to learn some wheelie's and stoppies. I would seriously encourage getting something small too start off, a 600 is plenty power for experienced riders. Of course, if you are insane, you might want to get a 'busa eventually, but take it easy first, you life is not worth a bike. Also get full coverage insurance, bikes get stolen all the time, just think you spend $3,000 on a bike, and then it gets stolen, you are out $3,000 with nothing to show for it.

Actully Frankie has the best idea out of all the dumb asses here ( ME :lol: ) I would really take his advise. Good Luck on you decision for a death rocket of fun :D

man, don't get a ninja 250. The fuckin things top out at like 65 mph. They are terrible. at least go for an early 90s ninja 500 or something like that, if you want to go beater bike. 250s are for little kids. Plus, the ninja 500 will only be like 1,000, and you can drop it all you want and not worry. I'd be a little pissed if I was laying down my 3,000 dollar bike.

(not to say your idea is bad frankie, it is a decent plan)

The fuckin things top out at like 65 mph.

Just wanted to clarify that it doesn't top out at 65 MPH. I have seen them get up to 100. But if a beginner gets that fast too early = death. Not only is the ninja safest, but it also looks the better than any pre '95 bike. That also goes into affect when somebody buys a bike/car. One more thing, if you get lucky and don't drop your bike, I know that the 250 holds great value. Might be able to get $1,500 back. I don't know it is up to you and what you want to do with the bike once you are done, or if you don't like and want to sell it again. You will more money for a shitty '03, and a good '95. The dealer would rather sell and newer one than an older, just to make more money.

A 125cc dirt bike tops at like 65 ok maybe a little slower but you still get the point

laying down a 3000 dollar bike is much better then laying down a 8200+ dollar bike
plus the chances of you droping the 250 is much less then the 600+ bikes

FYI 1/4 mile run a 2000+ stock 600cc bike would beat out a bigger turbo bike with MOST riders riding them unless they have modded chassis there IS such a thing as TOOOOO much power

reason being is you CANNOT KEEP IT DOWN! most big cc bike have to be streched in order to make fast times

my friend was able to run 11.2 on his R1 yet using his friends R6 he ran a high 10
both bikes had close to the same mods R1 is around 140WHP R6 has about 100WHP

R6 you drop it off the line and take off like a bat outta hell
R1 you nail it off the line and flip it over so you have to baby it then when you get on it it pulls up on you so you let off again get on it again pulls up yet again..... repeat again

first bike get a USED Ninja 500EX they are dirt cheap
if you want something better all around get a Bandit, FZ6, or any bike that is called a sport crusier trust me insurance is like 300-500% cheaper then a full sport bike plus chances of keeping it shiny side up are higher

Back