crx b16a2 swap blowing inner cv-joint. HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killme413

Hi.. my CRX -89 with b16a2 y21 swap is blowing my inner right cv-joint when turning wide =( Im using honda crx VTEC axels, my question is shuld i use VTI axels? My guess is that my VTEC axel is too short.. it looks relly extended when fitted..

Is VTI axels longer then VTEC?.. or what other axel can i use? My guess is that im missing like 10-15mm

thanx!

Originally posted by 4drcivicb18a@Sep 13 2005, 07:11 AM
Did you remove the dust seal on the wheel hub? That will cause it happens to everyone that dosent remove it.
[post=553590]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm.. whats a dust seal!? x( hmm.. why is it there if it shuld be removed?..

Its a seal on the inside of your drivers side hub. Take out both axels and look at the hubs only the drivers side has it (pretty sure). Take a hammer and a flat head screw driver and take it out. I put a b18a1 into my 91 civic and i blew an axel on wide turns, I was using 90-93 integra axels. Do a search its a well known thing

is your engine sitting in there right? I have seen people with those shity mounts that dont put the engine in right and there blowing cv joints left and right. I use teg half shafts from what im told.

yep jus had the same problem. jus finished my swap of a b16 into my integra and did a touge and busted the right inner cv joint seal and now inner wheel well has cv grease everywere. but when i replaced my LBJ on the driver side we removed the dust seal. so no more problem.

Back