CRX Bodykit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I know ive heard many bad things about ebay bodykits and such but i just wanted some clarification. I want to buy the mugen style bodykit for my crx, would it be hard to fit the ebay bodykit on my crx? would i be better off buying the wings west one?
what about this kit?

haha, i just made that shit while i was searching on ebay...... all i have to say is WOW

Haha, I had the exact same front bumper on one of my 1st gen rexs :) fit like ass, the guy who put it on was teh suck.

Well if you can get ahold of wings west sure. I heard they aren't taking any orders at the moment because there was a change of ownership or something. They may be back up and running by now though. Also that kit was $300 + $190 shipping + $30 for residential. Hell you can get the real Mugen one for slightly more than that. Not worth it to risk it IMO.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 12 2005, 09:24 PM
Hell you can get the real Mugen one for slightly more than that. Not worth it to risk it IMO.
[post=511519]Quoted post[/post]​

I highly doubt that. Last REAL Mugen kit I saw was on Ebay, starting bid at $1,300 and had a huge crack in the front bumper.

Buy a cheap bodykit and find a good bodyshop. You will need it installed professionally and if you put it on without painting, I'll have to slap you. :ph34r:

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 12 2005, 10:24 PM
Well if you can get ahold of wings west sure. I heard they aren't taking any orders at the moment because there was a change of ownership or something. They may be back up and running by now though.

on their website it says theyre just relocating their warehouse. im guessing you can try to find a shop that stocks WW kits and still have them in stock(i think summit or jc whitney does).

yes, wings west is relocating, won't be back up for quite a while

honestly, your best bet is to look on the classifieds here and hondatech, and fully research the seller

i got my first 88-91 hatch wings west kit from cali, it was already sprayed, bought it shipped to the local grey hound for 400 bucks, stripped it and sanded it, primed and sprayed it, installed perfect...

second one i just got for the 88-91 hatch was BRAND NEW, still in the wings west box 500 shipped to my house... some kid sold his hatch and wanted to off the kit...

definately do not go with some fiberglass knock off shit...

wings west urethane has excellent fitment, and very good quality...

kits look clean, nothing too extreme...

and urethane takes a beating...

if you decide to get a used one, use aircraft paint stripper, then a palm DA with 120, 2 coats primer and it will look like glass...
the double sided tape is a cock sucker to get off, wire wheel in a drill worked best for me, it scuffs the urethane up a bit but its on the back and you'll never see it...

Originally posted by MugenCRX+Jun 14 2005, 01:36 PM-->
@Jun 12 2005, 09:24 PM
Hell you can get the real Mugen one for slightly more than that.  Not worth it to risk it IMO.

I highly doubt that. Last REAL Mugen kit I saw was on Ebay, starting bid at $1,300 and had a huge crack in the front bumper.

Buy a cheap bodykit and find a good bodyshop. You will need it installed professionally and if you put it on without painting, I'll have to slap you. :ph34r:
[post=512071]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, if i do put it on myself, ill do it right before bringing it to have it painted, im not gonna be a little riceboy and drive around with it primered.
www.andysautosport.com has them from wings west.

all i have to say is urethaine owns fiberglass. my boy has that exact same kit from ww and u can bend the shit out of it and it goes right back to shape and when it was installed(not by a pro) it still fit liek stock

Do not buy from that seller hes a douce
his high quality pieces are factory seconds at best. They come with bondo and 180 grit sanding marks over the gel coat

Back