Crx --> Integra Ecu swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

baker423

Here is the deal...
'91 Crx Si w/SOHC Zc swap,i wanna swap the 88-89 Integra ECU into it.

I need to put the Teg ECU into the Crx Ecu casing so it will bolt into the car correctly. The Teg ECU casing will not bolt into the Crx, since the Teg case has different mounting points than the Crx.
I have both of the Ecu's apart i just can't figure out how to get the circuit board out.All of the screws are out so i am not sure.I don't want to go yankin on it and break it,so does anyone have a clue?

just use two of the mounts and bolt it down..thats what i did it worked fine, dont take a chance fucking someithng up by taking out the internals.

IS this Ecu swap even worth it? I plan on swapping a DOHC Zc into it to replace the single cam zc,worth swapping Ecu's then or not even then?
I have heard the only thing you gain using the Teg ECU is higher rev limit and running rich.

i would run the pr4 instead of the pg7 on the pr4 all you have to do is get a dremal and shave some of the loop away.i will get pics of my pr4 if you want

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 2 2005, 06:12 PM
i would run the pr4 instead of the pg7 on the pr4 all you have to do is get a dremal and shave some of the loop away.i will get pics of my pr4 if you want
[post=519814]Quoted post[/post]​

How can a pr4 run what amounts to a d series motor (SOHC/DOHC Zc)?
I didn't think you can run a pr4,since it is from a b series powered car?
Pr4 is from the 90-93 Integra?Is that not OBD1,unless you get the 90-91 Ecu from the Teg?
If this does work,how can the 90-91 PR4 Ecu plug n play with the Crx and What type of gains/benefits are there with running the PR4.

Someone clear this up for me!

Originally posted by baker423+Jul 2 2005, 04:23 PM-->
@Jul 2 2005, 06:12 PM

How can a pr4 run what amounts to a d series motor (SOHC/DOHC Zc)?
I didn't think you can run a pr4,since it is from a b series powered car?
Pr4 is from the 90-93 Integra?Is that not OBD1,unless you get the 90-91 Ecu from the Teg?
If this does work,how can the 90-91 PR4 Ecu plug n play with the Crx and What type of gains/benefits are there with running the PR4.

Someone clear this up for me!
[post=519827]Quoted post[/post]​

there are 2 pr4's a obd-0 and a obd-1 the pr4 i have is obd-0 and it is plug in and play when i was running the pr4 ecu i was able to chirp 3rd with it and the pm6 was able to chirp second and the pg7 could not chirp second. i was happy with the pr4 ecu. if you want pics i can take pics :)

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 2 2005, 02:12 PM

the pr4 was dyno proven to cause a loss of 15hp a couple years ago when Transzex, aka Mista Bone was doing testing.

i ran the pg7 on my sohc zc and i loved it, higher rev limit, more fuel. no adverse effects at all. i thought it pulled a bit harder. just do like 90crxb18 said, use 2 of the mounting bolts. it works just fine

when i ran my pg7 it sucked bad donkey balls my car could not get out of its own way to save it own life but the pr4 hauled ass

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 5 2005, 08:47 PM
when i ran my pg7 it sucked bad donkey balls my car could not get out of its own way to save it own life but the pr4 hauled ass
[post=521248]Quoted post[/post]​

funny, my PM7 right now runs smooth as butter, pulls real well too

Originally posted by ryan89crx+Jul 4 2005, 02:31 PM-->

the pr4 was dyno proven to cause a loss of 15hp a couple years ago when Transzex, aka Mista Bone was doing testing.

i ran the pg7 on my sohc zc and i loved it, higher rev limit, more fuel. no adverse effects at all. i thought it pulled a bit harder. just do like 90crxb18 said, use 2 of the mounting bolts. it works just fine
[post=520471]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by ryan89crx@Jul 5 2005, 11:10 PM
Dark91zc
@Jul 5 2005, 08:47 PM

[post=521278]Quoted post[/post]​

wait which ecu are you talking about pm7 or pg7 we were talking about the pg7 and i have never tried the pm7 for one reason 112 speed limiter :(

Originally posted by Dark91zc+Jul 6 2005, 05:06 AM-->
Originally posted by ryan89crx@Jul 4 2005, 02:31 PM

[post=520471]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by ryan89crx@Jul 5 2005, 11:10 PM
Dark91zc
@Jul 5 2005, 08:47 PM

[post=521278]Quoted post[/post]​

wait which ecu are you talking about pm7 or pg7 we were talking about the pg7 and i have never tried the pm7 for one reason 112 speed limiter :(
[post=521359]Quoted post[/post]​

oops, misread the last post. i have personally ran BOTH the pg7 and the pm7 on my a6. I liked the pg7 a lot, ran great, smooth, pulled well. i came across an offer to trade my pg7 for a virgin '91 pm6, so i jumped on it. i currently am running a pm6 chipped to pm7 specs. and ya, the rev limiter is there, but really, how often are you runnin over 112mph for that to be a REAL issue?

PM7 or PG7 is just fine, I run a PM7 now, speed limiter is definetly there but thats not an issue, keeps me from speeding too much thats all. If you use the PG7, just modify the mounts or make some new ones with sheet metal or something, no big deal. I like the pm7, I did notice a little difference with power and the higher rev, but for some strange reason the pm6 starts and idles the car better until it warms up on mine. Switch them back and the problem goes away, no big deal tho. ;)

Back