crx si sunroof

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c-rex-beat

yeah, it's a vtec.
My car has a metal sunroof and is busted, tracks are f'd off. I don't reallt care about it working just don't leak. Would a glass from a eg work?

You could always just put a piece of metal over it and rivot it in... but I dont think that would work but hey free bump for you! lol

lol don't rivet anything to your roof, that's going to eventually leak and it's going to look like the biggest piece of doo doo car ever. they make caps that fill in the hole once you remove the sunroof. they even make carbon fiber ones, so more people can oogle at that, it'd match real nice with a carbon fiber hood too. i'm thinking about doing it because my sunroof switch opens the sunroof but doesn't close it, so i have to manually close it. research the sunroof caps/fillers or whatever they're called, sounds like that's exactly what you're looking for

What about for the 84-87 crx? I know this site make replacements but I don't really think they are intended as a "plug". Anyone have an idea about my 1st gen?

those "plugs" aren't as nice as i thought. i didn't know you had to rivet brackets and then use silicone to seal it all. that's sounds way too bootleg. especially cause the interior will look like crap because their will be a big hole where the sunroof was. i guess it's nice for the ultimate race car, but no good for anything driven on the street

those "plugs" aren't as nice as i thought. i didn't know you had to rivet brackets and then use silicone to seal it all. that's sounds way too bootleg. especially cause the interior will look like crap because their will be a big hole where the sunroof was. i guess it's nice for the ultimate race car, but no good for anything driven on the street

You know you are probably right. I wasn't so concerned about the headliner because I am planning on a new custom fabricated headliner anyway. But you are right it does seem like sort of a hack job. Especially since it cost like $400+.

Do you know anyone who sealed up there sunroof using the stock panel? I trashed all my motor assembly so sealed shut seems like the best route for me. I don't want to have to deal with water seeping in the crevice and having to keep the gutters clean for drainage.

i should've just got an hf and swapped the motor lol. i hate sunroof's, they cause more problems than they're worth

If your decent with a welder ( and have one ) you could weld it up or I used small rod and welded in a edge for a piece of lexan to set in. I used a little bit of heat to get the lexan to lay down on the corners. After I trimmed and fit the piece of Lexan and got everything to set flush. I was then able to locate a good sunroof panel and I haven't painted the car yet so I will go back to having a sunroof. I did all of the fabrication work in a bout a day and I had located a non-sunroof crx in a salvage yard and was planning on using that and trimming it to match on the interior. Hope this helps!

I actually now have two panels to work with but the one without rust seems bent down in the middle. It just does not sit right in there. At this point I am so frustrated with this I would go back to a working sunroof. I know a guy who has the parts I need. The problem now is the panel not fitting right as mentioned above and I already jerked out those drain tubes. Am I screwed now or do you think I can tackle this?

The factory got those tubes in there somehow. If you have an electrican in you family they may be able to help as they are used to fishing wire through walls! Having you car with a sunroof will make it more desirable if you ever have to sell it. I'm sure you could find a panel for a 2nd gen crx that is in good shape. Good luck

Back