Crx Wont Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

T-LOW

I Need To Know If A Hf Engine Harness Will Work In A Crx Si?

I Have A 88' Crx Si With A B18a1 In It, And Didnt Have A Engine Harness, I Got One Of Off A Hf Crx, And It Pluged Up But Car Turns Over But The Distributor Dose Not Seem To Be Firing. What Do I Do?

the HF engine harness will not work in the Si car - ususally you will get a Check Engine Light and code 15, because the HF has the igniter wire running thru the connection on the driver's side and the Si has the igniter wire on the passenger side (there are other differences, depending on the year) - that said, it sounds to me like you don't have the 88 Si chassis harness or that someone has rewired it - the HF engine harnesses will not plug into the 88 Si harness, as the 88 Si had a square 6 wire connector at the driver's side shock tower - the 89-91 Si and 88-91 HF all used a round 8 wire connector

this is the 88 Si connector

Attachments

• 88Si.jpg
    88Si.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Do You Know If I Would Be Able To Wire The Hf Engine Harness To The Car I Forgot To Say I Repinned The Driver Side Of The Car And The Only Code The Ecu Is Reading Is 15 After Changing Wires To What Looks Like The Some Wires It Did Have Three Codes When I First Started

Back