Curious about the B16 and Manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kracer427

Looking over my Honda Builder's Handbook and was reading up on the Dual-Stage intake manifold for the GSR engine. I've known that it has this dual manifold but it got me thinking. Is it possible to wire up and use a GSR manifold on a B16? The low-rpm butterfly valves would allow great torque by increasing the air flow path while the car was not hitting VTEC and the high-rpm valves would give great top end HP by giving a shorter path to the chamber as well. VTEC for the intake manifold like the factory intended for the C1 on the B16? I'm not sure if you could use the GSR ecu on the B16, but you could always wire in a RPM activated switch couldn't you? Does this sound possible or is it just another thing that is nice to dream about :sleep: ?

doesn't fit. the bolt patterns are different.

and honestly, a LOT of people disable the IAB on their gsr's.... while it helps down low, overall, it restricts flow

Damn bolt patterns <_< . Just something I was thinking about. That's interesting about the people disengaging the IAB, you'd think it would only help in the long run. This sounds similar to a person using only the VTEC lobe of their cam, wierd. Thanks for the info again!

Originally posted by Kracer427@Mar 30 2004, 07:57 AM
This sounds similar to a person using only the VTEC lobe of their cam, wierd. Thanks for the info again!

haha, people do that too... they're called 'vtec killer cams'

ok, so what kind of horse power increase I am looking at if I take away the IAB, or it's just a better throtle response

LOL>Is there no end in sight to what people will do out of pure stupidity to gain hp? :roll: Ughh, the factory isn't stupid guys. What a sad world we live in where people use PVC pipe intakes, put a coke can with rocks in it on their muffler tip, and roll around with 2F2F steering wheel covers thinking they will gain horses (or respect for any matter). Bad ricer, BAD! :beat:

Back