d series or b series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kennykaozII

hello. i joined the forum a while ago but never got on but now i have a simple question for everyone. I just turned 18 today and i might be getting some money. i am probably going to put it to a 93 dx that has a d15 in it. i have had a 96 ex that had a b18b1 from a 98 ls but one day while my aunt was driving her kids to school it caught fire under the hood. we then found out that it had 3 micro cracks in the head, had warped enough that the engine caught flame externaly. and there was only comp. in the 1 and 2 cylinder. :axe:needless to say i wanted to kill her because i thought she had done it but it was due to a temp gauge that went bad and me not knowing it was over heating. the headgasket had gone before we knew. i was running fine. but any way i was wondering if it would be and more fun to drive if i just rebuilt the d series or just went threw with another swap. srry for draging it out.

a well done stock b series would be fun and reliable. If you have the ability I would consider building and boosting the d series though. IMO you can have more fun with a small turbo on a d series than with a bolt on ls motor.

Thanx! I think ur right the turbo d series will be awesome! Have you heard any opinions on the cx racing kit for the d series

Back