d series water pump differences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ibdalovely1

d series water pump differences is there any
ive got a a6 block and a z6 head
and what timing belt to use with it
i did a search all i got was a bunch of expired ebay stuff

Last edited:
i was gonna change the water pump while it was out but is one better then the other a6/z6/y8 or should i use just a a6 pump to make it easy

use the A6 pump to make it simple
rep+

use the same bottom end components. I think the number of teeth are different though. i did a mini me, keep the bottom ends water pump, i forget the belt off hand but search in our FAQ section here.

im pretty sure you use the belt for the head so you dont mess with the timing.
yeah but if i remember correctly you'll still be off by a like half a tooth or something. most people just get an adjustable cam gear to fix that though, or just run it how it is.

yeah i noticed that with mine its not quite exact but for the break in im leavin it how it is but once its runnin good im gettin the adj cam gear.

i thought that it was better to use the water pump that matches the head so that the belt would ride it properly, asfar as i know they are the same except for the sprocket and the correct belt for the head

is there some one that can tell me witch to use im ordering parts soon and i need to know please is there a sticky on this somewhere thanks all

is there some one that can tell me witch to use im ordering parts soon and i need to know please is there a sticky on this somewhere thanks all
googling it helps. "mini me swap"

most swaps tend to run the water pump that came with the bottom end. Unless your revving beyond 10,000 rpm i wouldn't worry.

make sure to take out the oil control jet on the block as well.

timing belt would be the one for the head z6

D16Z6 Mini-Me Parts List

check out some threads people post up to double check things and to get familiar with the swap.

Back