D15B1 Fuel Mileage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ASLGearhead

What kind of mileage you guys can get out of DPFI with 4 speed? In old days I can get 45 to 52 mpg with 89 Honda CRX HF. Wonder if CRX HF 5 sp tranny fits this D15B1 engine in 91 Civic Hatchback? Or a better suggestion?

It's a little Honda gas mileage is great :). I filled up nearly a week ago, $20 91 oct. took me from just above E to just above F and I've got nearly half a tank left driving to school, home, work, home, every day both school and work are about 5 miles away. Fuck the math

I still get around 40-45 mpg in my civic...and that is 2 years after Airjockey and I rebuilt it. 25000 later and still going pretty good...But I guess it depends on your driving style and where you are driving...

I assume the D15B6 is better than the D15B1 as far as MPG goes, but can't back it. The HF transmission should be able to get the same MPG...not sure if there's much improvement except maybe in the acceleration department. Yes, it does fit.

I'm able to get 51MPG hwy/39MPG city in my 88 Civic hb with a D15B VTEC, .878 5th, and Si FD. I'm sure the B1 can get more.

Back