d15b8 w/ B7 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
does anyone know what the combination of a d15b8 bottom end off a 1995 civic cx with the head and ecu of a d15b7 off a 1994 dx would result? i have the parts but no chassis to stick it in.

yeah, i believe i have a stuck valve on the b8 head. also i am thinking something along the lines of the "how to build a HF monster" line in the info forum.

Hey! I just did this swap out like, two days ago, seriously. I did notice a significant power increase, and I'm still using my CX ECU! (The DX ECU I had was faulty...I would like to find another if anyone can help....)

I don't know what the deal is, but everytime i set the timing, it always seems to jump back and be behind one tooth. Yes, it runs this way, but it runs terribly rich. It could be the MAP sensor or the ECU, or both, but I don't think it would make it this rich. The timing belts on all 1.5 are the same, as are the head gaskets, but i can't figure why it'd be jumping time.

I think for what little i paid (125 bones) for my DX head, throttle body, intake manifold, and ecu (though it didn't work) was well worth the cost over my 8 valve, 70 hp at the flywheel stock CX. It fit perfect with all the other aftermarket things i have on my civic, so, i'm still convinced it was a good idea...despite what some people on this site say (some of whom said it wouldn't work at all). But regardless, it works, not half bad either. Just have a few kinks to work out. (Map sensor from DX, ECU...that's about it actually).

I just posted on some on another message titled "map sensor problems" a few more differences that must be dealt with when going from that block to the D15B7 (DX) head.

It's basically just a couple hose ends, sensor wire lengths and such, check that out. I would guess, cause it's to late and i'm to lazy to type them again.

Back