D16 SOHC VTec need help with trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ctovey

:unsure: I have a 1991 Civic LX with a 1.6 SOHC VTec and a stock LX transmission. The tranmission uses vacuum hoses for shifting, but i can't figure out how to route the hoses to have everything work correctly. I either have fluctuating idle and wrongly timed shifting or just wrongly timed shifting.

Automatic trans: I start in first and have to get to about 4500 rpms for it to shift to second, no matter how much gas i give it. same goes for every gear. Due to this, i have horrible gas mileage, and i have to wind out the engine just to change gears.

Any ideas? very confused!!

Thanks,

Casey <_<

Originally posted by paragus@Oct 24 2002, 08:16 PM
if you live around here..or can get to this place

http://asme.me.utexas.edu/vryce/

Calesta got his done there... i dont remember for sure.. but i think he said it was $500.

a little bit of a distance, but a much lower price. I am in Kentucky. near lexington. It would be a bit of a drive. probably worth it in the long run though i suppose.

Know of any websites that may help in instructing you on how to do it yourself?

Hmmm, I would let the professionals handle this one. Intercrew is just the place for that. You may check locally though to save you a trip, but if you do decide to come down it would be worth it. Calesta and I have both had work done there. Well, he had REAL work done, but they know what they're doing.

...and is that a mustang in your avatar?!? ;)

Originally posted by Rabinzero@Oct 24 2002, 08:33 PM
Hmmm, I would let the professionals handle this one. Intercrew is just the place for that. You may check locally though to save you a trip, but if you do decide to come down it would be worth it. Calesta and I have both had work done there. Well, he had REAL work done, but they know what they're doing.

...and is that a mustang in your avatar?!? ;)

Can't quite tell, looks like it, it looks like it might have the plastic piece going across the back for the top, like a Saleen.

OR...its a spider eclipse.

Can't tell.

well, i think i will leave it to the pros. I wasn't really up for the job anyway. That's how I got the car for $300.00
My brother wanted a 5 speed, so he bought a CRX Si, so he sold me the Civic LX w/D16Y8 already installed.

Anyway, yes that is a stang. No offense intended...lol
Liked the foreground.

Back