year long build b18b1 turbo no vtec...need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egturbohatch

sup guyz im been going at this build for over a year now due to low on money so now im ready to move forward wit the build and hope to finish soon...so far i have bought a few things for the build but now just need to know what size turbo i need to achieve my goals, and if a 1000cc would be okay to drive daily and weekend monster with a good tune.....my goal is 400hp DD on a eg6 nd weekend monster....:D

so here is what i have so far on my build...........

b18b1 head- the head been 3 angle valve job, P/P, hot tanked, cleaned, etc..(fresh!!!)

Skunk2 cam gears
Skunk2 I.M
Skunk2 T.B
Crower stage 2 turbo cams
Crower dual valve springs
Crower titanium retainers
Supertech blakk valves
Aem fuel rail

******what i still need for the head**********

750cc or 1000cc injectors....something for daily driving nd maybe upgrade in da long run.what ya think?
3 bar map sensor (plug nd play)
ram horn turbo manifold
......if i miss something let me know......

b18b1 blokk- the blokk been hot tanked, cleaned, honed, bored..etc..

Wiseco turbo pistons with rings, stokk comp 81.50mm
Eagle Rods
ACL race bearings
Type R oil pump OEM Honda
stokk Ls crank knife edge, polished, balanced, etc..
Arp headstuds
Cometic 3 layer H.G

*********what i still need for the blokk**********

GSR OEM Honda water pump
GSR OEM Honda timing belt
ACT clutch kit/ lightweight flywheel
.........if i miss something just let me kno..............

i still needs a Tial wastegate, boost controller, Wideband, nd full gasket kit.....

so my goal is 400hp DD so i wanna kno whats the best turbo for my setup and my goals, i dont want to buy just any turbo then get lots of turbo lag or something. plus what type of clutch kit would be nice for my setup also, and the injectors, what size be good and run daily and leave room for improvement????? help me out guys, this build been takin too long and i miss it so much so i want it out...

hope some1 can lead me in the rite direction on with my requested info....thanks very much for takin the time to read my long boring build;)

plus what type of injectors should i get, saturated or the other 1..lol...forgot what its called.....and do i need a resister box for the injectors???????

1000cc injectors would probably be your best bet for your goal. I am at ~85% duty cycle @ 450whp on 1000cc RC injectors. Yes, you will likely need a resistor box, though i do think there are some injectors that you can get that will not need a resistor box.

as far as a turbo, youre going to have a little trouble finding a journal bearing turbo that is going to spool quickly and carry enough boost all the way through the RPM band to make ~400whp.

i suggest this turbo all the time, its an excellent turbo for the 400whp-450whp range. itll make it there just fine, and provide decently quick spool at the same time.
Garrett Ball Bearing T3/60-1 550HP OIL/WATER COOL TURBO | eBay
$1,200 isnt all that bad for one, either.
Youll see that theres various options for the turbine housing, I personally would stick with the middle of the road, .63A/R.

1000cc injectors would probably be your best bet for your goal. I am at ~85% duty cycle @ 450whp on 1000cc RC injectors. Yes, you will likely need a resistor box, though i do think there are some injectors that you can get that will not need a resistor box.

as far as a turbo, youre going to have a little trouble finding a journal bearing turbo that is going to spool quickly and carry enough boost all the way through the RPM band to make ~400whp.

i suggest this turbo all the time, its an excellent turbo for the 400whp-450whp range. itll make it there just fine, and provide decently quick spool at the same time.
Garrett Ball Bearing T3/60-1 550HP OIL/WATER COOL TURBO | eBay
$1,200 isnt all that bad for one, either.
Youll see that theres various options for the turbine housing, I personally would stick with the middle of the road, .63A/R.

goodlookz for the info, so im a get 1000cc injectors... Nd i was planning on spending bout 600$ on turbo, 1200$ too much for me even though i kno its better but just cant do it, so is there any other turbo in the 600$ range that can still bring me close to my goalz....... Plus im def getting the 63 a/r since ur the 3rd person that told me to get that size.... Again i appreciate u takin ur time to help out a honda fanatic noob..... Lol

Back