D16A1 to sohc ZC vtec p28 wiring issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got a 89 crx si Just threw out my old D16A1 for a sohc jdm zc the engine stamp says zc I've heard their the same as D16Z6s and just wanted to make sure before I go ahead and buy the stuff I need to run my p28 ecu.
My question is what will I need to succesfuly run the p28 so far I have heard using a 0bd0-obd1 wiring conversions for the ecu to save me alot of headaches and time.
The other thing is 92-95 distributer I only heard using these with the d16z6 but am not sure about the sohc zc.
Also will I need to get a 92-95 engine harness also?

SOHC ZC = D16A6.
You need a OBD0 PM6. If you wanna get spiffy, chip it and drop the JDM PR5 fuel/timing maps in it.

Oops I amde a mistake my old motor is a D16A6 and the new one I have is a sohc ZC that is like the D16Z6.

D16A6 you are taking about is a non vtec motor.

I already am running obd0 I wanna run obd1 with a p28 ecu so my vtec works...

as far as i know no zc's are vtec.. zc = 1.6L non vtec..

hence the zc is more like d16a6 si motor.. not like d16z6

except for that pesky dohc zc

got a pic of your zc? if for whatever reason you have vtec on it.. then p28 would be a kew choice.. but you'll need a obd0-obd1 conversion harness or rewire the whole sheeit manually.. and a few things will haveta be wired for the new 4wire o2 sensor.. it just so happens i made a obd0 - obd1 pigtail yesterday.. wanna buy? ;)

Back