D16a6turbo Or B18b?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwouldhitit

allright i have 89 hf crx and i already have a si motor in it. should i just turbo it, was think of only running about 7 psi. or should i swap it out and get a b18b?? :huh:

What's your budget? If you're debating between the D16A6 with a turbo or dropping in a B18 without a turbo.. I'd go with the turbo on your current engine. B18 with turbo in your car isn't going to be cheap.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 12 2003, 03:17 AM
What's your budget? If you're debating between the D16A6 with a turbo or dropping in a B18 without a turbo.. I'd go with the turbo on your current engine. B18 with turbo in your car isn't going to be cheap.

i could get a b18 complete swap for 1200..its coming out of another guys crx. i only have about $800 but i have been getting offered $500-600 for my si motor so that should be good to cover the b18 :unsure:.. or i could use my $800 and make my own junkyard kit... i have help some friends make a kit and it ended up to be about $700 B) just looking for something fun to drive as a daily driver and fast at the tracks too :D

Originally posted by iwouldhitit@Feb 12 2003, 03:21 AM
looking for something fun to drive as a daily driver and fast at the tracks too :D

Nitrous? If you can make a junkyard turbo setup for $800, go for it!

dude, if u know how to convert from obd0- obd1 and cable to hydro trans get the b18b, a turbo d16a6 is ok, but thats pretty much the best it can do and wont have much room for improvements, if u get a b18 u have a good torquey engine to start with and alot more room to improve, u turbo that and it will b amazings fast, also theres alot more parts made for a b series than ur d16a6.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Feb 12 2003, 10:59 AM
dude, if u know how to convert from obd0- obd1 and cable to hydro trans get the b18b, a turbo d16a6 is ok, but thats pretty much the best it can do and wont have much room for improvements, if u get a b18 u have a good torquey engine to start with and alot more room to improve, u turbo that and it will b amazings fast, also theres alot more parts made for a b series than ur d16a6.

If his budget is only $800, I don't think he's getting a B18 in there.

unless you have knowledge .. building a proper turbo will cost $$. The b motor, has lotsa potential (parts 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 can be interchangeable).

Back