D16z6 more powerful than B16a sir II? Help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

So i finally got everything done on my swap. I have a 94 civic ex now with a b16a sir II and a y21 with lsd. I actually got to drive my own car!!!!
Well I get in, the ecu throws no codes except a knock sensor after a drive for about a minute. But.... It has no power what so ever. My car was faster when I had my d16z6. It drives beautifully but when i floor it the power isnt there. My friends had a stock b16a sir I in his 90 hatch and it would throw you back in your seat.
The motor isn't making any noises except the vavles need lashing. Does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong? Does the tranny have such long gears that im not going to fell the power?

I do have one vacumn hose that i cant find where it goes. It is thin, small hose off of the cylnider on the fire wall right behind the transaxle? Could that be it.

I appreciate all you guys have done for me so far, but I am really bummed that I spent 3g's and my car is underperforming a d16z6.

LEon

ps Vtec is super loud when it engages, doesn't seem right.

Hook up you frickin knock sensor, or fix it. knock sensor retards timing = no power.

Damn it, don't post things like "why doesn't my car work right?" when you still haven't finished it AARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Sorry to irritate you, Im just in a bad mood because i have been out of a car for a month. Do you think that will fix it?

Fix it and go from there. If you have a problem after let us know.

More than likely it will. You could have another problem, but won' really be able to tell till you fix that one. Have the motor compression checked too.

ok, so i got really paranoid last night about this and went outside with a flash light and found out that I put a plug on the knock sensor. I removed it and now i have a stray plug that is the same type as the TA and knock sensor. Sorry guys im new to this. This stray plug has a red wire going into it and a yellow/black going into it. It branches off the same spot the TA plug branches off at. The thing is, Im only getting a knock sensor CEL code and nothing else. I looked in the manual at the wiring diagrams and the only thing I found with a red and yellow/black wire was the Purge Control Solenoid. Any suggestions?

IM WIRING THE KNOCK SENSOR TONIGHT.

I really appreciate all your guy's help

Leon

i just completed a jdm b16a swap in my 98 civic ex - i was told that it was a pain to swap an obd1 motor in - luckily 12v electronics is my life. anyways - without your knock sensor your ecu's gonna be really pissed off at you - wire that in (it's only one wire for chrissake) also if you have any vaccuum leaks that will make a huge difference. your perge controll solinoid is also VERY necessary. if you need some pictures of what it should look like let me know. email hondagod98@yahoo.com

andy

:withstupid:

well ill give you a chance to tell me why its so impotant...before i request a noob roast....j/p

Knock sensor is one wire RED/BLU....BUT, you don't have a plug for it on your D16Z6 harness. So you need to get the B16A harness, hopefully you have it, and remove the kncok sensor wire and add it to your harness. This is of course if you used your Z6 harness. And yes, the one plug you have there with red and YEL/BLK is the evap purge control solenoid, which is only as important as keeping the vacuum. It is there to help in the venting of fuel vapor pressure into the intake manifold. It's only important because it is there.

Ok, i wired the knock sensor up. I did use the b16a harness for the plug and ran a wire to the ecu. I drove it around for about 30 minutes and the CEL didn't come on. But the motor still seems way under power.

The evap purge control solenoid plug is still disconnected. On the d16z6 there is a place to plug it into but there is nothing on the b16a. Is the evap purge control solenoid some where else or does it not excist on the b16a.

The motor bogs sometimes in first and second but third it is back to normal. Do you think the timing is off? I dont have any expierence with a timing gun so I might just take it to a shop. If you think that would be a good idea, what is the timing advance for a b16a SIR II.

I really do appreciate you putting up with me and my million questions.

Leon

timing will definatley make the car slower especially if its retarded alot.

and yes VTEC is supposed to be loud as fuck, thats how B16's are.

Timing is good, so says the shop. Still runs like crap.

stupid question...but when i swapped out an engine on my hatch...it was running like shit...bogging out and not taking off...have you checked your spark plug wires....it could be missfiring....just check all the basic shit....

birdnuts

Back