DA vs EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

booo_baaa

Heya guyz. I want to do a b18c setup but i dont know weather to dump it in a da teg or a eg hatch. My concern is money. Which would cost less and how much less? Labour isnt an issue as i got all the time in the world. :lol:

I know these setups are common but can anyone list parts needed or jus a link.
This gonna be my first setup but theres a couple things that are itchin me brain.

1. When you buy an engine, what components usually come with it apart from the engine and block?

2. When you buy a gearbox what does that come with?

I also hear that cv or hubs to be taken into concideration when doin swaps. Is that true?

ANY help or links appreciated. Sorry if this post soundz newbie but im just starting to get into hondas. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Honda

Originally posted by booo_baaa@Jul 4 2005, 10:49 AM
Heya guyz. I want to do a b18c setup but i dont know weather to dump it in a da teg or a eg hatch. My concern is money. Which would cost less and how much less? Labour isnt an issue as i got all the time in the world. :lol:

I know these setups are common but can anyone list parts needed or jus a link.
This gonna be my first setup but theres a couple things that are itchin me brain.

1. When you buy an engine, what components usually come with it apart from the engine and block?

2. When you buy a gearbox what does that come with?

I also hear that cv or hubs to be taken into concideration when doin swaps. Is that true?

ANY help or links appreciated. Sorry if this post soundz newbie but im just starting to get into hondas. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Honda
[post=520371]Quoted post[/post]​

If your buying a swap from Hmotorsonline.com or simlar vendors and you buy the full swap, the EG will DEFENTLY be the easier/cheaper swap.

With the swap, if you get the full swap, you normally get the following
-Engine
-Tranny
-Shift linkage
-Mounts
-ECU
-axles/halfshaft
-exhaust manifold
-Engine harness

Since the Engine harness is made for a RHD vehicle, the cannon plugs are on the opposite sides, so you either have to legthen those (can take a while) or try and either use your OEM harness or find a USDM harness for that engine

To put the full swap into the teg, you will either have to run a cable transmission (you would have to buy the engien and tranny sepeately) or buy the full swap and then buy a cable to hydrolic tranny conversion kit (hasport sells them) which is just an added expenince. The EG will defently be the lighter and cheaper canidate.

ya the eg will be the easiest way to go, and will be faster depending on the model eg u get and wat not. or you could get a b18c1 long block then get a b16 cable tranny ys1 with factory lsd and put that combo in the da and have prolly jus as fast a car if u drop it into a 90 rs and gut the bak. well my 2 cents, jus a couple options

Back