dash rattles in my 92 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 hatch and the dash rattles over nothing I can hit the gas fast and it will rattle or any motor miss the dash will rattle is they any way I can stop this

No easy fixes for dash rattles - trust me I've worked for Honda for years. Take your time and go through and tighten any and every thing that you can put a screw driver to or a socket on. Then if it's still there try to isolate which side of the dash it's on. Some times it helps to have a friend drive while you lay on your back and reach up and tocuh things till the noise stops. Many times it has been my experience that the bracing behind the stereo/center console is what rattles.

Originally posted by hondacivicSit3@Sep 4 2005, 11:18 AM
I have a 92 hatch and the dash rattles over nothing I can hit the gas fast and it will rattle or any motor miss the dash will rattle is they any way I can stop this
[post=549462]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont hit the gas fast and tune up your motor?? :lol:

But in seriousness, having someone else drive while you troubleshoot seems to be the most logical choice, you dont want to be looking under your dash while driving down the road, and since it only rattles while your driving, your going to have a hard time finding it in your driveway.

Originally posted by wanderinman+Sep 4 2005, 03:40 PM-->
hondacivicSit3
@Sep 4 2005, 11:18 AM
[post=549462]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont hit the gas fast and tune up your motor?? :lol:

But in seriousness, having someone else drive while you troubleshoot seems to be the most logical choice, you dont want to be looking under your dash while driving down the road, and since it only rattles while your driving, your going to have a hard time finding it in your driveway.
[post=549559]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have solid motor mounts or energy suspension mouint inserts? If so Good luck getting rid of rattles. I had a 88 civic that rattled like crazy and The front tranny mount was bent and rubbing on the frame. A 92 dosent have a front mount on the tranny but it could be another mount acting up.

my driver's side mount fixed my dash rattle from 90% to 0%
it was completely gone :)
It is awesome, why did you post in this section?

yes have a friend drive or, you can buy some foam tape and foam the back of whatever you see that may be making contact with something else in the area that you hear the rattle from. Keep foaming until it's gone. Oh yeah, make sure it looks nice and neat.

Back