dead midrange power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sernmd

i did a manual coversion on my sol (d16z6) then i bought a chiped ecu cars been running fine but it seems like between 3500 and 5000 r's its got no balls then when it hits vtec it rips and i know its not sapose to do that it should be smooth so is it the chip or should i be looking at other stuff??? its not the plugs wires cap or rotor all a month old.

if i had to guess, i would say its the chipped ecu.... try putting a stock ecu on it. maybe you have a friend with one you can borrow or something...

i switched chips turned up fuel presure and ajusted (retarded) the timing a bit now its the exact opposit...

dunno dude... get a stock brain my thoughts... or take the car to a Dyno shop and have them tune it for you, I would guess to much or to little of a mixture :(

1. Remove junk ECU.
2. Set timing back to where it should be.
3. Set fuel pressure back to where it should be.
4. Enjoy.

:ditto: :withstupid: I'd rep you for such simplistic advice, Byron, but I have to spread my kayak around more. :D

To the OP, EVERYTHING these guys are telling you is correct. I'd repeat what efhondakid already said but there is no need. Do what they suggested and let us know how it goes. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

:ditto: :withstupid: I'd rep you for such simplistic advice, Byron, but I have to spread my kayak around more. :D

To the OP, EVERYTHING these guys are telling you is correct. I'd repeat what efhondakid already said but there is no need. Do what they suggested and let us know how it goes. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Luis dont you know by now? That is standard procedure for these types of questions.:D

check your distributor i had a similar problem and it was dude to one of the sensors going bad in my distributor it was the crank sensor, determines timing for fuel injection of each cylinder and also detects engine rpm so you could have the same problem its worth a try, you can check you sensors by ohming them its the 8p connector un plug it and get a ohm meter and check to make sure each three come out to be some where in between 350 to 700 ohms if its out of that you probably have bad sensor, also check when cold tosee what i read and check when warm.

i did a manual coversion on my sol (d16z6) then i bought a chiped ecu cars been running fine but it seems like between 3500 and 5000 r's its got no balls then when it hits vtec it rips and i know its not sapose to do that it should be smooth so is it the chip or should i be looking at other stuff??? its not the plugs wires cap or rotor all a month old.

Last edited:
Back