Decisions, Decisions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drock42

My friend is fixing to sell his '94 integra ls...I'm planning on taking it off his hands and here's my question:
the engine has over 100k miles....should I a: ls/vtec b: itr swap or c: supercharge it? It will all depend on how much he's willing to let go of it for. I would imagine that the ls/vtec would be the cheapest since it already has the ls engine. My only concern is doing a or c with the amount of miles the engine has on it. Idealy I'd like to do the itr swap but everywhere I've looked, those engines seem pretty expensive. Which brings me to option d: H22A swap. I can get the engine, tranny, ecu & axles for $2300 (w/o shipping). Not sure the axles would do me any good with the integra. What else would I need to do that swap? Out of the 4 options which would be my best bet?

it's all a matter of what YOU want to do with the car...personally, i'd rebuild the ls motor and turbo that......just a thought.....

IMO since you'd open it up anyway to do a ls/vtec you could bebuild it and do it however you like to suit your needs.That would be the most cost effective way,unless you can score all the parts for the H22 or ITR.

doing an h22 in a teg is the same as doing it in a civic for the most part.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 13 2003, 04:32 PM
IMO since you'd open it up anyway to do a ls/vtec you could bebuild it and do it however you like to suit your needs.That would be the most cost effective way,unless you can score all the parts for the H22 or ITR.

:werd: on the rebuild.

I'm sure it doesnt need it yet at 100k... but hey why not?

Rebuild kits are not that expensive ($500? or less). You would pretty much have a new engine which you could doo whatever you want to it.

since you have the LS bottom end, rebuild bottom end and slap a vtec head on it, i'd go ls/vtec if i were you, peace!

Originally posted by Hexen+Feb 13 2003, 05:56 PM-->
@Feb 13 2003, 04:32 PM

:werd: on the rebuild.

I'm sure it doesnt need it yet at 100k... but hey why not?

Rebuild kits are not that expensive ($500? or less). You would pretty much have a new engine which you could doo whatever you want to it.

wish my rebuild only cost that much :(

You're in New Mexico right? If you decide to go LSVTEC, I'd be happy to help you out. I am in the process of rebuilding mine. You should be able to pull an LSVTEC off for less than the cost of the complete H22A swap (Engine swap the extra crap that you need).

i agree... a clean LSVTEC set up should be cheaper then that h22 swap... have "lsvtec" help you out, he knows his shiet

Jason P

Back