Del Sol custom fuel pick up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

abdelsol

I bought a new fuel pump from Endyn, a Bosch unit. It is considerably bigger (size and flow) over a stock pump. The stock pump also had 5/16 pick up lines. The Bosch has 3/8's. I did not want a restriction so I came up with this......

523184_43_full.jpg

523184_44_full.jpg

523184_45_full.jpg

I retained the lower rubber grommet and the rubber bumper mounting that the original pump used. This is to isolate any vibration.

I also ground off the top fuel line connector. That was a major pain in the butt.. then removed the electrical connector.

Bought a few plumbing pieces, asked one of my customers to make the Aluminum adapter. and assembled it. The 3/8 tubing is not set in these pics I need a tube bender...

looks good-- my only concern is clearing the large fitting before the line heads in between the 2 thin metal sheets where the stock line runs.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2005, 09:31 AM
looks good-- my only concern is clearing the large fitting before the line heads in between the 2 thin metal sheets where the stock line runs.
[post=515184]Quoted post[/post]​

That is going to be altered as well the pick up line will be routed to along side the tank (or where the floor pan raises for the tank) where the fuel pump will be. The Electrical feed could also alter the location. Then the supply line will be cut at some convienent point (undetermined yet). A new flare added and some S.S. line to make up the distance. If we are rich at that point S.S. line might be ran to the fuel filter in the engine bay.

Back